Account At Collections

Bernadette
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My husband had an a/c with Lloyds plus an overdraft facility of £500. They tool the o/d off and started to charge him unauthorised borrowing fees taking the balance of his account to aprox £2000 Dr. The account is now closed and with collections. I have gone through all the procedures, sent the letters working out that his charges plus interest at about £1700, the rest of the balance is made up of overdraft usage fees.

During the time the charges were being added my husband contacted the bank regularly asking for his o/d facility back as this would have prevented the charges. They refused.

Now after my LBA they are still refusing to reimburse anything saying the charges are in the contract, etc, etc, etc.

We are paying a regular amount to settle the debt through Payplan as we have put them on our payment plan.

I am now not sure what to do, is it different if your overdraft facility has been taken off you? Can we still claim?

Please help!

How much have you paid to them through your payment plan?

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

Hi there, dont worry about your account being with payplan.

Simply keep following the proceedures on here.

So long as you maintain your payments on a monthly basis via payplan and do not default you are fine to continue and this will not effect the claim.

This is assuming that payplan have written confirmation from Lloyds that the payment offer has been accepted by Lloyds for a certain period of time. (which they must have done for it to be included in the plan).

Chin up and keep going, although Lloyds are one of toughest.

Angi77777 xx

If your new to CAG...read, read and read some more.

This is a great site and invaluble especially to LLoyds Victims, so dont forget to donate WHEN you WIN!!

I think this is more complicated than it appears. As the charges have net yet been paid how can they be reclaimed? Hopefully someone can assist you here. Maybe even stop paying them and reclaim the difference, not sure how this would work!

Hopefully someone will be able to help

bernadette

My current a/c with nat west is also with thei collections dept. What i would recommend is that when you complete the POC for the court , make it a point that the only method of refund you are prepared to accept is by CHEQUE. if you do this , should it go to court which is unlikely, you would get a cheque but addidionally when lloys cough up at the last minute it should hopefully be by cheque. if you don't insist on cheque payment right from the 1st stage, they will almost definately refund the charges into your account meaning you will see none of it.

hope this helps

stl

ps I am just about to make post re a claim i am making for a colleague, if you knew the answers and could reply that would be brill as i am not a lloyds customer