Trade in worries. From my own work!

scoobs001
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Girlfreiend is after a new car and wating sometihng more as a 1.2.

I'm a mechanic at this garage too.

She is on a PCP finance thing, she paid 1500 deposit, and has been paying monthly instalments for almost 2 years. and if she wanted the car at the end of the 3 years, she had a 2000 lump sum to pay.

Basicly,

The sales manager phonred the finance company to get a settlement fee, which was 4424, he value'd her car as a trade in at 4000 but was willing to make it upto 4424 so the clio wipes itself out.

But she was in today again, and she got quotes for her new car, on HP finance, but they are trying to add 2000 pounds ontop of the finance saying thats for the first cars final payment????

But sureley, they phoned for a settlement fee, it was 4424, this is surely the amount she ow's untill the car is hers, including the final payment. ???

I think they are trying to con us???

Any ideas???

Sounds like a mistake rather than a con...

Contact the finance company yourself and ask for a settlement figure. It should be posted to you as well as given over the phone - then there can be no argument about what is outstanding on the vehicle.

Take the letter in (when it arrives) and ask the Sales Manager to go back through the figures, and hopefully it will all get iron out.

Presumably although her car is being taken in "part exchange", as there is no equity in it, she's either giving a seperate (cash) deposit, or is taking the new car entirely on finance. If so, the figures should be quite easy to work through.

I part ex'd my last car and had outstanding finance on it, basically as jampot said, contact the finance people and they will give you your figure, what is the cost of the new car she is having as this could probably be where the extra £2000 has come from, so if the car is £6000 minus the trade in offer would leave £2000 owing on the new car...the first car's final payment?? as far as I am aware as a trade in if they have valued her car at £4000 this is what they will pay the current finance company to clear the finance so I would more than likely think the £2000 will be your new balance on the new car!! Just double check how much the new car is and you may find your answer!!

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Nationwide Won:D Benefits returned £577