1st Letter to HALIFAX

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Welcome Garreth,

Take a trip to the FAQ and have a read the process is detailed there. Post any questions that pop up and they're likely to be answered VERY quickly. They're a friendly bunch here.

Good luck!

23/06/06 - Halifax Current Account - Data Protection Act sent

23/06/06 - Halifax Card Services - DPA sent

23/06/06 - Halifax Loan Services - DPA sent

Hello new person *waves*

You need to read the FAQ and get familiar with the whole process.

The thing you are looking for, however, is called a DPA (data protection act) SAR (subject access request). The FAQ and the templates folder has full details.

Good luck!

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

Cheers you both!

I have looked at all the FAQ but the site tends to have losts in different section's. So am I assuming that the below..........

Notice pursuant to s.10 of The Data Protection Act 1998.

Re: account no. XXXXXXXXX

Account holder. XXXXXXXXX

Address. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Whereas I have been a customer of XXXXXXX Bank since XXXYEARXXX and whereas I consented in my contract with you to the disclosure by you of certain data to third parties, at no time did I consent and neither was it within the contemplation of the parties to the contract that I did consent to the processing by you of that data in any manner which would be unfair or inaccurate or which in any way would breach The Data Protection Act 1998

Therefore Take Notice that I require that you cease from processing within 7 days of the receipt by you of this notice or else that you do not begin to process any personal data of which I am the subject insofar as that processing involves the communication or passing of personal data of which I am the subject to any third party and insofar as the said data relates wholly or in part to the implementation by you of charges which have been applied to my account in respect of defaults or contractual breaches and where the said charges which have been levied at a rate which is in excess of the administrative costs incurred by you as a consequence of the said defaults or breaches contrary to The Common Law.

This Notice is given on the grounds that the processing or continued processing by you of the said data will be likely to affect my credit rating and my reputation and cause substantial damage and/or substantial distress to me and my family members in addition to that which may already have been caused and that as the processing of the said data in the way referred to in this notice would violate the fourth, first and sixth principles of The Data Protection Act 1998 to do so would be unwarranted.

So help me out here guys! If I send them this will they send me a list of all the bank charges?

Sorry in advance :-)

No!

That's not the one! That's something entirely different...

This is the one you want;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=516

But, Gareth, it sounds like you need to read the FAQs and generally lurk around the site a bit before jumping in. It could get a bit messy if you make these sorts of mistakes.

Edit : The letter templates are all in the 'Libraries' section at the top of the folder list (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/index.php). The letters are in the third group down called "Bank templates library".

The FAQs are here; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

The step-by-step guide (the minimum you should read) is here; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=243

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

Good grief... did you even read that letter before jumping in feet first...

There are people here to help but you need to put the leg work in yourself by reading all the FAQ's and digesting the information just in case yours is the one that ends up in court.

Oh yeah....welcome the site :)

Just the FAQ’s ma'am. Please read 'em thoroughly before jumping in. Cheers :)

Find all the letters under the rainbow here

Being a man, I am always right (however I will make no admission of liability if you have misinterpreted my instructions!! :) ) If you are in any doubt, then consult a professional. All opinions offered on this site are just that, and should not be taken as legal advice.

Halifax - £1400 reclaimed. Now on a crusade to help others!

Wow, there's dedication for you.

It's a very tight community here and very welcoming at the same time. People are here to help but read as much as you can because this is serious. It's not (and I'm not assuming for a second that you think this) a get rich scheme and takes effort and discipline on all of our parts.

Slow down a touch and be methodical. Read all of the success stories, your efforts will pay off in the end.

Chris

23/06/06 - Halifax Current Account - Data Protection Act sent

23/06/06 - Halifax Card Services - DPA sent

23/06/06 - Halifax Loan Services - DPA sent

Slow down a touch and be methodical. Read all of the success stories, your efforts will pay off in the end.

Chris

Excellent advice m8

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.