Me and my Local mp against SLC / sandwell education

tsnelus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is not going to be a short thread :(

I studied previously at university for 2 years, then I dropped out the course because I want happy there, and didnt really enjoy what I was doing. I took a year out to work and save some money to help me through uni. So summer before I go back to new uni I complete my forms sent to me by my slc, approx august I got their conformation letter that THEY WILL PAY MY FEES OF £1200.00 so i thought great went to uni for a year, same again for my second year they will pay once again £1200 for my fees

noowww dum dum, dooooomm right in the middle of jan exams I get a statement saying I owe the unioversity 1200 to be paid asap, so to my horror I called student registry asnd they told me that the SLC / authority hasnt paid them so onto the LEA and SLC , they have both told me that I was not entitiled to the funding sand that I need to pay. Now does this seem fair to you? I have to pay for their mistake, and it is a mistake becasue I provided them with everything they requested, honnestly without any attempt to get more money. Some one at their office sat down with my file and calculated what I can have, for 2 YEARS running and signed the cheques. I contaced my MP who has tried to help buy he doent have much knowledge regarding this, and it took a while for the panny to drop, he thought I was trying to get money off them, no i just want them to admit their mistake and let me pay for my final year., if i know i have to pay it then it will be paid but not to know and have it sprung up on you. Its now somewhere in London parliment being passed around. I contacted a few solicitors however no one really wanted anything to do with it so I am stuck with help and keep going round in circles. :confused:

This is not going to be a short thread :(

I studied previously at university for 2 years, then I dropped out the course because I want happy there, and didnt really enjoy what I was doing. I took a year out to work and save some money to help me through uni. So summer before I go back to new uni I complete my forms sent to me by my slc, approx august I got their conformation letter that THEY WILL PAY MY FEES OF £1200.00 so i thought great went to uni for a year, same again for my second year they will pay once again £1200 for my fees

noowww dum dum, dooooomm right in the middle of jan exams I get a statement saying I owe the unioversity 1200 to be paid asap, so to my horror I called student registry asnd they told me that the SLC / authority hasnt paid them so onto the LEA and SLC , they have both told me that I was not entitiled to the funding sand that I need to pay. Now does this seem fair to you? I have to pay for their mistake, and it is a mistake becasue I provided them with everything they requested, honnestly without any attempt to get more money. Some one at their office sat down with my file and calculated what I can have, for 2 YEARS running and signed the cheques. I contaced my MP who has tried to help buy he doent have much knowledge regarding this, and it took a while for the panny to drop, he thought I was trying to get money off them, no i just want them to admit their mistake and let me pay for my final year., if i know i have to pay it then it will be paid but not to know and have it sprung up on you. Its now somewhere in London parliment being passed around. I contacted a few solicitors however no one really wanted anything to do with it so I am stuck with help and keep going round in circles. :confused:

I used to work for SLC so I'll try and help as best I can from what I've read.

First of all when did you start uni and do you still have your Notifcation Letter with your award on it? If you don't have this ask SLC for a re-print of the acad yrs Notif letter and show this to the uni. They should be quite helpful if it shows it's not your error.

Secondly with regards to your entitlement you would need to speak to Sandwell LEA and only them as they work out the entitlement and forward it to SLC for payment, so any help from them would be limited.