If a bailiff cant collect, who pays the bailiffs fees?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest 10110001

We already know a portion of bailiff assignments result in Nulla Bona's, gone aways and debtors not registering the vehicle. How does a bailiff make any money from these cases?

Does the bailiff also take a (prescribed) fee from the creditor?

We already know a portion of bailiff assignments result in Nulla Bona's, gone aways and debtors not registering the vehicle. How does a bailiff make any money from these cases?

Does the bailiff also take a (prescribed) fee from the creditor?

i imagine if your self employed you would not get a thing.

Guest 10110001

Then there cant be much money in this game then. We already know most bailiff debtors are low-income earners or on social.

A successful 'recovery' depends on the debtor registering their car at their home address.

Anyone know what sort of income a bailiff can expect? and why there is a large turnover in the profession?

bailiffs work on commission, if they dont collect they dont get paid more than min wage. some LAs will pay the bailiffs fees if a case is returned others wont. And people wonder why bailiffs get ratty when they dont pay...........its their livelihood!! i'd be ratty

Guest WISEHILL

I should know my company went under because of people who would not pay and then one of my partners started his own company up.

TT - I think that is not right, as far as I am aware the only monies they receive is a percentage of the charges, hence why in the TCE the argument is to increase the charges so they dont charge for unecessary visits. Some bailiff companies but very few pay a basic salary.

SFx

The bailiff gets paid by the council if they have to return the case back to them. Bailiffs will not lose money !!!!!

i do not think that is the case. maybe the company gets paid (or not) for verification of persons at address.

You should speak with a Revenues Manager !!!!! You are wrong, bailiffs do not get a commission at all. That changes a long time ago. Everyone in local coucil knows that a bailiff company will send a statement to the Revenues manager with a spreadsheet to show the cases where nulla bona apply. They receive a payment for each of these from the council.

TT - I did I spoke to the cheif bailiff of a city council who informed me of this information, I am though having a meeting with the Head of Revenue at my local council next week so will ask.

Different councils have different systems, this why dealing with this area is so complicated.

I do try and stress that each person should speak to their own council to see what their policy is.

SFx

I'd hate to be a bailiff. Nobody likes them. Remember last years documentary on the beeb - 'Whistleblowers' where they got 'inside' Drakes. It truly exposed what a dirty, rotten, filthy business it is. They are generally regarded as being even lower down the evolutionary scale than traffic wardens and tax collectors! I have had dealings with several. I wanted to hate them. But it was my own fault they came a knocking on my door. One said to me ..'the best way to beat the bailiff is to pay your debts..'. Of course they make it harder because they lump on hundreds of pounds in fees in most cases. Once I have concluded my current bailiff/debt issue, I have promised myself I'll never get into this mess again and never want to see another bailiff again. Ever!