Civil Enforcement Ltd (again!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4785 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm wondering if any one can offer any advice at all. I recently received a 'parking charge civil enforcement notice' from Civil Enforcement Limited for parking in what has always been a free precinct car park in Ashton in Makerfield, Wigan...clearly not any longer!!!. The letter asks me to pay £170,reduced to £85 if paid within 14 days....as per the terms and conditions displayed in the car park. I revisited this car park the other day and the signs say the fines are £150 and £75 if staying over 2 1/2 hrs completely different to my notice!!...

....also after speaking with several shop owners on the precinct I've been advised that they park all day by mutual agreement(no payment made) and 1 kind chap said the signs had recently been changed...which adds up to why my 'fine' is a higher amount.

I've been reading the posts on here about these leaches and am about to draft a first letter as is recommended above...any advice would be gratefully received

many thanks

Emma

Emma, my mum was done in the same car park a couple of months ago, i followed the advice on here (wrote letter on behalf of mum saying quite willing to go further if they could prove it was my mum driving!) and got response saying they were not going any further with it! stick to your guns and dont give up:)

Trixter

Thanks for all your replies and support:) its just good to know that others have challenged these crooks and won!!

1st letter sent today so will see what the resonse is...(expecting something along lines of chococats letter)

will keep you posted and thanks again everyone:cool:

Emma

I've twice requested proof (ANPC photo) which has not been forthcoming. Expecting this, the second letter said that I would treat the demands as without substance and ignore any further communication....which I intent to do ;)

They can take me to small claims for all I care, they haven't helped their case demanding money with no reason except their obviously dubious letters.

Finally, shot themselves in the foot by expecting a tenner for the proof, who the hell is going to pay to incriminate themselves? :lol:

Good luck to all....and thanks again to this forum for your help!

wrinx

I've not heard anything in over a month now since writing once informing them to seek the driver not the keeper. I'd rather pay court costs than send these muppets a cheque, and i still havent bothered replying to their second demand.

As people are saying here, let them chase, i'm not going to any trouble for them, i don't even want a note of cancellation. I just don't care about them enough, the matter is over for me.

Good look Emma, keep that will power up and don't send money in a moment of weakness.

• 1 month later...

Love your letter...are you in the legal profession :lol:

From my dealings with them and reading others experiences on here I'd just ignore them.

My second letter just said that if they didn't provide proof (they want £10 for a photo) I would treat their demand as being with menaces and ignore it.

Have heard nothing since which in my book means we're RIGHT to be ignoring these charlatans! ;)

wrinx

I've just received my "Final" reminder today also. They must send them out in batches! Maybe they can only afford the stationary costs when every 1 in a hundred people actually pay them.

I'm slightly concerned about bailiffs knocking at my door, but i imagine it's all bluff as it has no legal grounding whatsoever (obviously). I can't imagine them paying £250 (correct?) just to try and recover £90 from little old me.

Yes, I was under the impression this was a small claims court matter, not county court...but then I'm probably wrong :lol:

Still not getting the money...!

wrinx

It's the small claims procedure in the county court.

The term "small claims court" is a misnomer.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

So are these people going to actually issue me with a summons? I was under the impression that they didn't bother.

Don't have a clue. What you absolutely must not do is to let any bailiff or anyone purporting to be a bailiff into your house unless and untill a court has given judgment against you which you have failed to meet and futher that the court has issued a warrant of execution.

I'm not saying that that is where it will go of course, what I am saying is that if you let a bailiff into your home you lose certain rights.

Prior to that, if a bailiff or person purporting to be a bailiff attempts to force their way past you into your home call 999 immediately and report an intruder who is attempting to or has gained entry by assault.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4785 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks