Vodafone default.. Recieved my SAR, but do not understand it!! *Scans included...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have finally received my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) data from Vodafone, after about 3 months of waiting!! but there seems to be quite a lot of voda jargon in there and im finding it hard to make head or tail of it!!

basically, short story of what happened... A few years back i missed bill payment, phone got suspended and ,eventually cut off and i had to pay back the bill + remainder of the contract, which was £188. i was given the option of either paying in 1 go, or spreading the payments monthly @ £25 x 7 & 1 x £13.

i missed the 1st payment as i was under the impression that vodafone was going to take this money using the DD that was already setup for my bill payments. After this they sent me a form for SO to which i filled out and returned.

approx 1 year later (+- few months), i recieve a letter from a debt agency telling me that i have 24 hours (iirc) to pay the sum of £13 !! to vodaphone, otherwise legal action would be taken. I then used my dads card to pay there and then (as i did not have a card of my own)... and after that, didnt think anything of it. till 1 year later when i found a default on my file!!

i had not received any letter from Vodafone about the £13 that never got sent, and i also received no Default notice!

i have got my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) data here + a copy of account activity (which i can not figure out for the life of me!)

i have just looked at my bank statements and realised that i hadn't cancelled the SO and there for i have made 9 payments to them of £25! which surely would mean they owe me £37 !!

anyways, here is 8 pages of activity and 3 accounts.. (there was a good 60 pages of activity, but i only put up from where it was clear things where going wrong..

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG.

7.JPG

8.JPG

And Account Activity....

9c.JPG

10c.JPG

11c.JPG

Edit- Sorry for all the big pictures.... i thought they would get displayed as thumbnails .. apologies!

i noticed it says that i have agreed to pay £37.63 for 5 months and that i will pay by CC.. i really do not know where they got this from as i did not even own my 1st Credit card untill mid 2004 (7 months later!) and it clearly shows on my bank statements that i agreed to £25 per month and final of £13..

Also it says that i was 4 months late making my 1st payment, this is due to me thinking it was going to be taken from my account using my current DD, i received No letters informing me that i had missed a single payment, let alone 4 !!

• 2 months later...

This is the first fob of package from voda phone, you will need this info later but what you want is your statements for each month in detail.

They will tell you they do not keep them but they do and they send them when you persisit and threaten FSO OR Information Commissioners Office.

They also fail to enclose a list of abbrivations which is also a necessity under your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) for you to adequately read the notes as above so Push for this also.

and out of interest if you requested from your bank a list of direct debits that have been active on your account it will show date originated and date closed, if you have this im not saying it will be the end of your problems buit at least its something to show they had the oppurtunity to take it.

When I deal with issues I collect any type of discrepancey no matter how small, just so I get my argument stacked that little bit higher and ive been amazed at how many times they've come in usefull.

It does seem it is a trait of Vodaphone to happily let overdue debt sail along unmanaged, ive been told i agreed to pay back in an installment of 3 payments and i did no such thing,they realy are in a world of thier own.

Regarding the statement you have to go up one step and back down a step when the payemnt kicks in, ive never seen such a poor statment and mines the same. the payemnt is allocated backwards through the statement once its made.

Fuzzy :)

You should definately ask for the information to be presented in an intelligible manner. That is a requirement of the data protection act.

Also ask for details of their complaints procedure.

You could also make a brief statement of your complaint (i.e. letters not received, overpayments etc) and start your complaint straight away.

Does your sar documents show any hint of the letters that they claim were sent actually being posted?

Does your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) documents show any hint of the letters that they claim were sent actually being posted?

grumpy they are terrible, they say as they do not have to send defaults them they do not keep a copy of them, and sadly they are in thier rights.

i do hope Ryan has luck as voda relay are a nightmare, got very good advisers to.

Best way to loose the default is Bartering on payment. :-(

Hi, thanks for the replies. ill have another look through the information later on to see if there is any details of letters etc. i do believe there is tho iirc.

Thing is , The balance was settled,and before they issued the default, infact i overpaid them by £37 !! i did not realise this till not long ago when i digged out all my old bank statements and checked.

The SAR states that i agreed to 5 payments of £37.50 to pay off the £188 balance, but they never mentioned this to me what so ever. However they did mention 7 payments of £25 and final of £13 by SO, this was direct to voadfone and not a debt collector. The penalty for not keeping to this payment plan was that it will be passed to a debt collector.

My bank statements show that i paid 9 payments of £25 (hence the £37 overpayment)

I have a direct number to someone in vodafone thats incharge of this area. Would presenting this information be enough to remove the default? -If they refuse, could i use this evidence to threaten legal action?

If you can prove that the money paid from your bank was defiantely to clear in full and final the balance outstanding prior to the default being applied i would have thought you could present this info to the credit reference agency.

you need to cross match those payments with your statements from voda and get it all dated to match up.

legal action well it seems these nor the banks care much about legal action, and as it stands we dont have much rights left with any back bone in them for us to use.

Don't forget to make copies of your statements to write on, silly me never did so now i have to send scribbled ones off every time :-(

well, i was not sent any statements for the SO's that i paid, but on the copy of my credit file , it shows the balance for the account to be Zero. so surely this is proof that the balance is paid off.

On my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) data, i can see where the SO payments have been made, it does not state exactly that there has been a payment made, But there are notes of 'Cust relation chg' on a monthly basis, similar to what i see on my bank statements. After the last SO was paid -indicated by 'Collection Terminate' , the next recorded SAR data shows they sent an email to the credit agencies, which i assume contained instructions to place my default. This is what i can make of the information that i have received anyhow.