col123 v horwich farr&rob way

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

got my sar from uu,no charges added,so rob way have added them, i put in formal complaint to complaints and compliance manager they will get back to me within 28 days,after doing the calculations it appears to me that about 60 quid is outstanding and not just short of 300 that they are chasing me for.i put in complaint to uu telling them of robinson ways dodgy dealings so uu have now passed the debt of just short of 300 quid to CONCILIA,i feel like banging my head against a brick wall,they arnt supposed to pass a debt about when its in dispute are they ? any help appreciated folks x

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they arnt supposed to pass a debt about when its in dispute are they ?

No they are not. Next step is to get in touch with their complaints review team and if they don't sort it out then move onto Consumer Council and TS. This leaflet gives you the addresses http://www.unitedutilities.com/?OBH=894&ID=692&OBT=14&AC=5

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

got reply from ms felton,basically dodged all my evidence no mention what so ever of anything in my complaint letter,just stated that robinson way are no longer dealing with the account and that there is no evidence of added charges not authorised by the client.

Ill get back to it after christmas thanks for the help so far everyone and merry christmas and a happy new year x x x

• 1 month later...

Hi quick update I wrote again to hayley asking for a proper explanation also told her her reply made no sense to what id asked of her,also asked her to look into the matter again and give a final response so i can move on with the matter that was 4 weeks ago still ive heard nothing until they phoned me yesterday,asking me to confirm my details ect the usual garbage,i told them i would confirm nothing and that the only person i would speak to was hayley after a lot of huffing and puffing on her part to get me to confirm anything,i remained calm until she decided to hang up dont think that will be the last phonecall i get though lol,is it worth me writing a reminder giving a time limit for a response say 7 days,any help appreciated thank you x

Log all calls and send them this letter via recorded delivery ASAP.

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

Amend as necessary and good luck :)

Another update still heard nothing from hayley but have recieved another letter from robinson way please pay us now,i could scream twice ive had to remind them they are no longer collecting on the debt and here they are harrassing me again,harrassment letter in the post me thinks x

Are they past the CCA request deadlines? If so, report ASAP to to Trading Standards...Here's the link:

Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

Good luck and best wishes *hugs*

And get that letter re: harassment by telephone off ASAP as well....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi reply to my complaint is as follows

dear mrs col123

thank you for your letter

we believe our letter dated **/**(copy enclosed) and our subsequent letter dated **/** explained our position fully.For any further clarification you should refer directly to united utilities.

We can confirm that this is our final response in this matter,however as this complaint refers to a utility issue and not a consumer credit issue,it is not covered by the financial ombudsman service.

yours sincerley

robbingscum way.

Any ideas on my next step ?

Hi the phonecalls have stopped and i got letter to say they will only contact by post but as for my complaint to hayley felton ive basically been told to F*** Off,any help for next step please x

I see that the disagreeable Ms Felton is up to her old tricks again, and trying to decieve and mislead.

FOS's remit includes dealing with complaints about businesses that hold consumer credit licences - such as debt-collection agencies, for example. So, since your complaint is about Robinson Way's ****poor behaviour, it is likely to be covered by FOS.

• Haha 1

Thank you so much im not quite sure how to start with the fos do i write to them or ring them,i was quite gobsmacked when she stated i couldnt go down the FOS route but if you lot on here thimk its worth a go and i know im in the right i will do it,can you point me in the right direction and a little info on how to approach FOS would be much appreciated,thanks again col123 x

complaint to FOS on way, in mean time im had another letter from rob way, apparently they say this debt will not go away and it will stay registered until payed,also it will ruin my credit rating if not payed, are they allowed to report on my credit file if they are collecting for someone else ? also can they keep chasing this while its still in dispute ?