What reply to solicitior ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long story...I'll make it brief.

February sent Robinson Way a CCA request...

April I had to get the OFT involved as WAY hadn't complied with the request and was stating they were going to take legal action.

Robinson half complied with the request after that & sent just 1 A4 bad photocopy of a credit card agreement.They did not supply a statement of account nor any copies of other information that was mentioned on the agreement.

I ascertained from the date of the agreement that it was more than 6 years since I had had any contact.

9th May I sent a Statute of Limitations letter to Robinson Way . They did not respond.

Today 06 june I get a letter from a so called "solicitor" at the same address as Robinson Way saying their client had instructed them to seek full payment. Then it goes on to say perhaps a satisfactory arrangement may be made as to payment. Should I wish to pay or make an arrangement to pay I should contact Robinson Way by telephone.

What reply do I give to this so called "solicitor" It seems its just a try on to get me onto the phone to Robinson Way.

I have a gretat letter for these type of people.

OK it was from someone else on the site, but it's great:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your Ref : xxxxx

Your Client : Lewis

I refer to your letter of xx/xx/2007, which was received today.

Frankly, I am surprised of the need to remind a firm of solicitors about the terms and conditions surrounding my Consumer Credit Agreement request (Consumer Credit Act, 1974); received by XX DCA XX on xx/xx. I can only assume therefore that they failed to inform you.

Should your client now persist with threats of legal action as stated in your letter, I will welcome the opportunity for a judge to look at several offences committed by XXX DCA XX under The Consumer Credit Act, 1974, as well as your client’s non-compliance with and total disregard for the law on this occasion.

Yours faithfully,

This should make them think.

Also mention that you have reported RW to OFT.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Yes it is a good letter, I was trying to make the letter relate to the statute of limitations so on reflection I Thought that this might sound better. What do you think ? Do you think that what follows has teeth or any legal bearing. Or is it just twaddle. It is in draft mode.

Horwich Farrelly

London Scottish House

Quays Reach

Carolina way

Salford

M50 2ZY

Your Ref : 555662670

Your ‘Client’ : Robinson Way

Dear Sir/Madam,

I refer to your letter of 01/06/2007, which was received by me on Tuesday 5th June 2007.

Frankly, I am surprised of the need to remind a firm of solicitors about the terms and conditions of the "Statute of Limitations", and the consequences that will occur if your client persists with their foolish course of action to ignore it.

I sent Robinson Way a Statute of Limitations letter, by recorded delivery 9th May 2007. They would have received this letter by the 10th May 2007. I can only assume therefore that they failed to inform you.

Should your ‘client’ now persist with the threats of legal action as stated in your letter, I will have no recourse but to welcome the opportunity for a judge to look at several offences committed by Robinson Way under The Consumer Credit Act, 1974, as well as your client’s non-compliance with and total disregard for the law on this occasion.

I will be able to produce evidence from trading standards as I was forced to involve them earlier in the proceedings,

Your 'client' has a history of repeatedly disregarding written communication from me.

Yours truly,

Colin Armstrong

A strange thing has happened regarding the recorded delivery of the Statute of limitations letter.There is no record of the letter being signed for. Perhaps Robinson Way refused to receive it after seeing my address. The royal mail info line couldn't tell me why there wasn't a date listed fro delivery.