Night Owl V's Lloyds

Night Owl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just found out on an Abbey thread by GaryH that the CPR Part18 is no longer valid on the Abbey defence.

Does that mean I can't follow it up with Lloyds as I sent it to SC&M after not receiving replies for copies of original contract and T&Cs as part of stay no1 for mediation/negotiation?

Confused

Night Owl

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

just received Lloyds goodwill for Christmas.

We have just charged you another wopping £300+!!!

My O/H + I are working flat out at the moment. I have worked my regular hours plus an extra 80+ hours this month alone! I have cancelled direct debits for Credit cards and am just making bare minimum payments on everything else. Secured loan has again just bounced.

I need advise please.

Do I make an appointment with my Bank to discuss that I am in difficulties and my claim with the court is stayed?

I could loose my temper and just walk in and cry, I'm so fed up.

Sad Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Do I make an appointment with my Bank to discuss that I am in difficulties and my claim with the court is stayed?

Yes, that sounds like a good idea, Night Owl.

Try to make an appointment with at least the manager, preferably an area manager, or whatever they're called. Someone who has the authority to ameliorate your situation.

Write down what you want to say, have an income and expenditure statement ready, tell them and show them what they are doing to you. Remind them of their obligations vis a vis the FSA Waiver and the Banking Code.

It will cost you nothing to try, you will feel a whole lot better for doing it and you might get something out of it!:-)

Els

Many thanks Els.

Doing income and expenditure today. Sent SC&M one when I was objecting to the stay but couldn't afford to send it off. Court said that it would cost £75 and I was objecting to Lloyds and Abbey claim being stayed so it would have been costly.

Will compose a letter with bullet points to discuss so that I don't forget anything on the day. Will also inform them that this claim has been stayed twice and Lloyds have made no effort to negotiate. Gathering the amunition now.

Will update soon.

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

Update..........nothing!

Sent letter to bank asking for an urgent appointment with bank manager/area manager outlining in bullet points what I want to discuss. They signed receipt of delivery on 07/12/07. They have my phone number and E-mail. Nothing.

Trying to keep things to letters only so that I have proof for court, if and when I finally get there!

How long do I give them to reply? What next?

Frustrated.

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

• 5 weeks later...

Update on sending the last letter to Lloyds.

Nothing!!!!

One week later I phoned the bank and asked why I had not had a response and they said that the letter had been passed onto a different department. I asked about my request for an urgent app. and was told,

oh nobody in branch had read the letter because it had contained something about bank charges and they don't deal with bank charges in branch! I was livd and asked again about my request for an urgent app.

Long story but I had to make one which I did.

I met with a mortgage advisor (not sure why because I had already told them that our financial difficulties had meant that we were in arrears with our mortgage and nothing could be done about it at that time)

also a senior bank worker. They gave me 7 minutes of patronising comments and basically asked if I had been to see the CAB!!!!! That was it!!! end of urgent app. I left stunned.

Progress since - I have informed my work to pay my salary into a newly opened account (not with Lloyds) Its a basic account with no fees.

I now feel in control. I will leave my overdraft in Lloyds to be payed off under my terms and conditions!

One money saving tip I'd like to share with you.

We all have those evil letters from the bank informing us of huge charges or even old bank statements, well I have shredded them and they now go in the cats litter tray so that my cats can show our appreciation for their careing service that follows the banking code (NOT).

New year resolution - take control.

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

Yes, Night Owl, I read your post on the Lloyds New Bank Charges thread.

Quite normal for LTSB to prevaricate and delay. They know full well that they have to respond eventually, so you'll probably get a response one day!

Don't hold your breath though, it will only be an acknowledgment, telling you that they are looking into your complaint and will write to you again.

You've done the right thing by moving your current banking away from LTSB.

I like your New Year's Resolution!:)

Els

Thanks Els.

Ah well, more amunition for the abuse of process to my claim then with genuine letters to Lloyds being left unanswered.

I was left no choice but set up and move to a new account as I was in a no win situation and would be charged on top of charges and as the charges were getting larger and more obscene it all had to stop.

One New Year resolution I shall be sticking to!!!

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

Hi Night Owl,

Just popped in to say hi really, and see how you were getting on. I've tried to just completely forget about things til now, as the test case starts next week eh - then I guess things will get interesting again.

Sounds like you have still been battling - glad you've changed accounts though, best thing you could do. And I love the cat litter idea, might try that one myself. (That would also make identity fraud harder for people unless they cared to retrieve stuff from used litter!). ewgh, not a good thought!

Good luck hun, you are strong to keep fighting.

Fzrkitten.

x

Fzrkitten

Hi fzrkitten.

great to see you back.

Yep, still fighting the long fight. Hope your still ok. Its been such a long wait with stays waiting for the test case. Not long now though, then the long wait for any sort of result to be published.

Can't stay away from here, just read lots getting ideas for other money saving ideas, like PPIs.

Christmas was like no other. We didn't buy any Christmas presents, we couldn't afford to. The family have been very supportive and understanding. We had fun being together though.

The New Year is going to be very different.

New Year Resolution - Take Control

and that is what we will strive for and will continue working very hard for. We have made such sacrifices in 2007.

Goodness this is doom and gloom and I was welcoming you back!!!

I feel very positive so lets keep going.

Good Luck

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

Hiya,

I'm ok, just tend to self-destruct a bit if I keep thinking too much, so left it all alone for a bit, although I know others have so much more to worry about than me. I was able to do christmas, have had a lodger for a couple of months, although she's leaving me this month, which throws me backwards again, and I need advice on council tax (?) as I have an attachment of earnings now and they will take 3 payments of nearly £300 out of my wages over the next 3 months, which I basically can't do as my mortgage is £924, that's my wages gone. So I think I'm worrying again now, as I just can't lose my house, been here before, not got any chances left now. - Does anyone know how I can stop them taking that much?

See you started me on the doom and gloom look, never meant to. Want to be positive about the test case but I wondered if any whispers were around on whether we think it's going to be good news?

I know it could go on for years, just hoping I guess.

Some friends of mine had a lean christmas as well, but at the end of the day we all have each other, and I think Christmas is just completely out of hand anyway, so it helps to get us to come back to earth a bit and see what means the most I guess. Health and family eh, (and in your case a dry house?)

I do hope this year is better for you, and I'm glad you feel in control now and happier, a good place to be!

Fzrkitten.

x

Fzrkitten

Always looking forward from now!!!

Get some one to help you on the council tax question there are plenty of friends here to help you. Good luck with it.

Yep we're dry here apart from the awfull weather at the mo. Wellies have never been used so much!!!!

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Night owl.

poor you, this is taking forever. lets hope you have better luck this year. it can't go on forever.

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

Hi Pen, great to hear from you again. Yep it's all dragging on and on and on. Busy writting letters to collections as I'm plagued by phone calls and am fed up with repeating myself with information. Have read everything here on telephone harassment too. My new year resolution this year was to take control and its a very empowering thing to do.

Hi fzrkitten, yep the water is all around but we are dry. Some places have had floods this time that have not seen floods for 10 years!! The ground is sodden and I don't know how it will ever dry out.

Good luck all,

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

night Owl I totally agree. :)

Before I stated on this forum I was dreading receiving letters, evening opening the front door!! it was a right nightmare so I can well understand were your coming from. But!! since joining this forum I have with help of loads of members particulary Gary and Els I have managed to clear all my debts bar 2 which I am know dealing with. One being the LTSB hubby's loan the other is my past employers who as soon as the occupational health doctor told them how ill I was the terminated my contract and forced me to take early retirement. It's theses 2 who again with the help from gary and Els I am now dealing with.

It's thanks to them I can now look forward to my letters again and can answer the door any time some one knocks plus I'm £13,000 better off !!!!through winning my claims for bank chargers which enabled me to pay my debt and put a bit aside.

It does take time and energy but it does pay off in the end! The best thing you and I ever did was joining this group I was going nut's thinking I would never be able to pull it off as it was taking forever. your main stumbling block has been the stays that have been imposed on yours and all other cases. You will get there in the end, of that I am positive, and once you do you will have the funding to sort out the rest of your debt's or at least be in a better position to make them an offer.

If you ever need some one to have a good old moan with just PM me. I love a good natter and you never know maybe I can help even if it is just as a confidence buster.

Chin up:)

Pen

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

Hi Pen,

I really do agree with you, this site and the help I have had here has helped me to get the knowledge and confidence to get this far with both of my claims. It has given me a better understanding of the way things work or don't work in some cases!

I think banks deliberately delay procedings so that they can charge us. My O/H and I went to open a new bank account at the begining of the month, which is now open, but we are still waiting for our D/Ds to be transfered from our old accounts. My Payrol have been informed of the move but my pay was payed to my old account by mistake! I despair sometimes because they have all had plenty of time to change everything over. I will be so cross if we get charged for things being stopped as it all moves over, if it ever does!!!

Pen you really are an inspiration to us all with your big well deserved win last year and the long struggle to get there. I really do value your help and wise words. Thankyou.

Time to get the feathers ruffled, I think its gonna be a bumpy ride!!

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Night Owl.

Another great site for information is Martin Lewis money bags, I don't know if you have ever taken a look at it but it has loads of useful info no-where near as good as this one :) but it sort of compliments this site if you see what I mean

cases won

Hi Pen,

I'm registered to MSE too and dip between the 2 sites but prefer this one. Well done guys.

We have now had 4 different dates for transfer of our old Bank accounts to our new one, because of delays!!!! and my pay office have had to be informed AGAIN!!!

March can only get better!

Congrats on your 1,000 posts Pen.

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

• 1 month later...

Ok back again for some advice.

Lloyds account now closed. Still have an overdraft to pay off.

Its a Platinum account and am still being charged interest and account charges. Can I ask Lloyds to reduce the "service" (sorry whilst I stop laughing!) of the Platinum account to a more basic and cheaper account until the overdraft is paid off and the account can be closed once and for all?

Thanks

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

Thanks Nicsussex.

Yes, its the benefits that have to be weighed up.

But is it more expensive paying for the benefits on a closed account (apart from paying off the overdraft) or messing about reducing the account and then the bank turning nasty and recalling the overdraft.

I need to add it all up.

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

• 2 months later...

Hi Night Owl,

Just wondering how things are with you - still battling I see! I'm still waiting too, albeit a bit easier for me now by the sounds of things.

I still have Lloyds account open waiting for the pennies to drop in (lol), it hasn't happened yet though eh. They paid me a whole penny interest yesterday.

I've changed banks though, it is definitely a hassle, hope you have got there now?

Best wishes hun,

Fzrkitten

x

Fzrkitten

Hi Fzrkitten

great to see you around. It's awfully lonely sometimes.

Still waiting for Lloyds big payout!!! Nothing happening, still stayed!

Lloyds account now closed apart from the O/D which they are now increasing with further charges. No D/Ds + no pay going in!

Payplan dealing with it all now which is a relief except for the phonecalls from DCAs asking us to pay more.

Fingers in a few pies while I wait.

Will check out your thread soon, just off to work!

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, so we downgraded our Platinum account to a classic with no benefits.

Moved all our DD's and SO's to our new Bank account elsewhere.

Still have an overdraft to pay off but is being managed by Payplan.

And Lloyds have taken us over our OD limit with continuing charges!!!!

How is this right?

How do we get out of this never ending spiral?

Desperatly unhappy

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?