What to do next?

annie s
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can anyone help?

So far I have

• received a schedule of all my charges
  • sent a letter claiming back these charges
  • Had no reply after 14 days
  • Sent an LBA letter giving them 14 days.
  • received a reply stating" we are investigating the issues raised and aim to resolve by 28/6/07 (which is well over the 14 days)

My question is do I now wait until the 28/6/07 (as they have responded to my letter) or do I make a claim when the 14 days is up ?

thanks

:confused:

Definetly make the claim, all it is is a stalling process, you may get the standard here's a good will gesture, £1K if over £5K or a little bit less than you are claiming if under £1K. It all depends on how much you are claiming. However I would suggest go for it, make the claim. I am at the last hurdle just waiting for Barclays to pay up when they evenually get round to my claim, their office is swompted so going by Court date. You may be one of the lucky ones and get settlement in full without all the fuss.

All the best, If you have nay questions just ask.

Warrentuff

• 4 weeks later...

Hi annie

Just checking to see if you have now made your claim and whether you're okay with the next step :)

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Hi welshcakes

thanks for your post, it's nice to know people are out there who care.

Well let me fill you in so far.

I did not have the funds to start a claim until the end of the month , I waited until the 28th to see what they would come up with if anything

They did reply and I recieved an offer of 85% of the charges they have taken, which after much deliberating and talking it through with my other half I have decided to accept.

My decision was not taken lightly (i don't think anything would have given me more satisfaction to have made them squirm just a bit more in court !)but having lost our house 18mths ago we are now in private rented accomodation which is about to be sold so we have to move again .

The council won't help until we are actually homeless and on the street and with 3 children that is not a position I want to put them in . We therefore have to find a hefty deposit by the end of this month for the new place so after weighing up the cost & time of a potential court claim the offer from the Woolich had to be accepted so that we can cover this.

I realise we were entitled to a full refund and could have got more by refusing this offer and starting a claim but desperate times mean desperate measures sometimes. I hope I haven't let everyone down ( Barclaycard and Capital one won't get off so lightly!)

Anyway I sent my acceptance by recorded delivery on the 25th June ( I don't trust them as far as I can throw them) and as yet I am still waiting for the refund. They quoted within 10 working days of receipt of the acceptance so they have until the 9th of July (I expect I wont get this until the last hour.)I'll keep you posted...

thanks again for your concern, I was very touched by it.

annie

Hi Annie

I absolutely understand and there are plenty of us parents on here that often have to make decisions based on what's our family's immediate needs are.

I hope the new rental is comfortable and on a positive note say well done for getting a settlement at a really useful time.

As you say Capital One and Barclaycard to go and don't delay - you've got a bit of experience with this claiming thing now :D

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41