40 days - banks fighting back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am so sick with this 40 days gumpf the banks are claiming it takes to print a few pages of paper.

As a colleague of mine so astutely pointed out - it does not take 40 days to print a few sheets of paper....printing paper has never stopped banks letting you know that you have charges in the past!

The 40 days has also not stopped Halifax (and Lloyds) taking my £10 cheque.

I know they are fighting back by stonewalling and claiming interest of my £10 whilst they continue to charge me everytime I just about seem to make it out of the red they haul me back into charges limbo.

I wanted to know what people have been doing to get around the 40 days hurdle....

thanks in advance!

*Rant on*

I know how frustrating it gets, geeez if I go overdrawn by a penny, there's a letterdropping on my mat the next day and a 30 quid charge within hours... makes my blood boil :-x:-x

Just try getting ANYTHING out of them, not just statements :-x

*Rant off*

:D

Please advise me.My 40 days were up last week,nothing from the Halifax.Sent my letter along with payment regiistered post.They signed to recieve it,got confirmation.Haven,t cashed the cheque.Last week i sent them a further letter registered,to remind them that under the Data Protection act,that they had broken the agreement of supplying me with my info in the 40 day period.i gave them a further 7 days to respond to me otherwise i would be taking the matter further,no reply,nothing.

What do i do next

If you get no where on the phone, you will need to send the non compliance letter...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

*Rant on*

I know how frustrating it gets, geeez if I go overdrawn by a penny, there's a letterdropping on my mat the next day and a 30 quid charge within hours... makes my blood boil :-x:-x

Just try getting ANYTHING out of them, not just statements :-x

*Rant off*

:D

Honestly! I actually called and mentioned this point in a rather heated discussion. To which the customer service advisor (the worst I have ever come across) patronised me and my money management skills. I told her that if banks didn't like it then they ought to be put a stop on card payments going through - which they seem to be able to do at any other time.

• Haha 1

Yes, I have had this argument to, then again where else would they make the billions they make out of us?!

I'm just so glad that all this re claiming these unlawful charges has seen the light of day. These banks have made millions of people's lives hell with these ridiculous charges.

I for one will be shouting from the rooftops about getting OUR money back :D

Get that compliance letter in the post first thing and don't let them get away with not sending them. I for one am going to be the biggest thorn in my local Halifax's backside :D

In fact I already am :D

Good luck with your claim and have a click for listening to my ramblings hahaha ;)

Hi

I have been having the same problems, sent off letter with cheque and after 40 days heard nothing, so went and sent Andy Hornby a email back last week, stating that they have not complied etc ... and he has got till this Thursday (7th) to either respond to my email or i should have had my statements. if i do not reecive my statements by this time i will be sending the non compliance letter off also. in the meantime whilst waiting for a response from him i called the Halifax .. this was a much use as a chocolate teapot i was put on hold for about 20 minutes then they came back on line and said no sorry we can not do anything for you and that i had to just wait ... so i am now counting down the days till the 7th if not had anything yet again will send off non compliance letter and also inform the information commissioner ... good luck people !!