3Foyers Vs MBNA (Virgin credit card)

3foyers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent MBNA a SAR about 8 weeks ago, and was just about to sent them the letter threatening court action to get the info from them, when I recieved a letter today saying the usual, we think charges are fair but as a good will gesture we are crediting your account with £330. They also supplied a print out of my charges which total £800.

I am about to send them a letter saying thanks, I will accept this £330 as part payment and give them 14 days to pay up the rest, but I have a question...

As I never sent them a prelim letter requesting that they repay me my charges, can I go ahead and ask for the rest to be paid within 14 days or will file a claim without further correspondance, ie can I send them a LBA or should I send a prelim first?

I sent MBNA a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) about 8 weeks ago, and was just about to sent them the letter threatening court action to get the info from them, when I recieved a letter today saying the usual, we think charges are fair but as a good will gesture we are crediting your account with £330. They also supplied a print out of my charges which total £800.

I am about to send them a letter saying thanks, I will accept this £330 as part payment and give them 14 days to pay up the rest, but I have a question...

As I never sent them a prelim letter requesting that they repay me my charges, can I go ahead and ask for the rest to be paid within 14 days or will file a claim without further correspondance, ie can I send them a LBA or should I send a prelim first?

hello 3foyers

I had exactly the same scenario. Send them a thank you accepting this as part payment and then include all the prelim text - then if no reply within 14 days (which there won't be) send your LBA. MBNA are currently taking 30 days to reply to everything.