I need some help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need some help! I sent the preliminary request for money 3 days ago and half an hour ago a representative from the Halifax phoned me. I was not in, but am now wondering if it is a good idea to enter into a discussion with them as I am not that good with words and get nervous when put on the spot. I know this sounds feeble, but I am worried and could do with some good advice.

Has anyone else had these phonecalls, or do you receive letters?

Very grateful for any advice!!

You may get either. If you are not comfortable with them trying to negotiate with them on the phone then make sure you tell them that you wish for all communication on this matter to be by letter and don't let them talk you out of it. Read a few cases and see what others have done - it will increase your confidence. Good luck!

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

I suggest you write another letter asap, stating that as you have started a process that may end up in court, you do not wish to be contacted by phone until after resolution, and that you demand that any communication between them and you, henceforth be made in writing.

That should do it. :mad: Do not tone it down, they have to learn who's boss. (that's YOU, btw :p )

3 days! Thats some going. Took them at least 3 weeks for them to phone me. They will just be phoning with a ridiculous offer and to say they will defend any action (they won't).

Just stick with your timetable but if they do phone back you don't have to say anything to them other than you would prefer all correspondence in writing and would appreciate it if they didn't call again.

Just the FAQ’s ma'am. Please read 'em thoroughly before jumping in. Cheers :)

Find all the letters under the rainbow here

Being a man, I am always right (however I will make no admission of liability if you have misinterpreted my instructions!! :) ) If you are in any doubt, then consult a professional. All opinions offered on this site are just that, and should not be taken as legal advice.

Halifax - £1400 reclaimed. Now on a crusade to help others!

Thank you for answering!

After spending hours reading and gathering all the info I could I phoned the bank back and was all fired up and ready to defend my claim. But I hardly got a word in before they offered me £50! As my claim is for £239 I said I'd have the money but that I still would proceed until I had all my money back. He put me on hold for about ten minutes while he "would take another look to see whether he could offer me any more" and then offered me £100! I repeated my first answer to which he replied that he would send me some paperwork which would explain what happenes next!! He is offering me less than half of MY money back! I intend to see this through. Am getting braver by the minute. Have even entered a claim for my husband.

Will keep you posted as other posts in turn have been my motivation.

05.06.06 Sent Halifax the Preliminary approach for repayment. They owe me £239

08.06.06 Received phonecall and offered £5o, then £100.