R&W chasing util bill i've already paid off to another DCA.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, all i was looking for some guidance or advice ?

october 06 i was with another debt copmany regarding a unpaid gas bill for £467.27 i paid this off in october.

Then to my shock i received another collection letter from R&W in march 07 saying i owe them this gas bill money.

i rang up the other debt agency to confirm i paid the debt and i had.

I told R&W about this i asked them to ring up either the gas company or the other debt company and they said no they cant. iam really annoyed at this because it will affect my credit rating:mad:

They asked me to send in my bank statment to prove ive paid off this debt just wondered if any one has advice as to if i have to send my statement in, or should i let them do the digging??????

thanks wayne 8-)

Hi, all i was looking for some guidance or advice ?

october 06 i was with another debt copmany regarding a unpaid gas bill for £467.27 i paid this off in october.

Then to my shock i recived another collection letter from R&W in march 07 saying i owe them this gas bill money. i rang up the other debt agency to confirm i paid the debt and i had.

I told R&W about this i asked them to ring up either the gas company or the other debt company and they said no they cant. iam really annoyed at this because it will affect my credit rating:evil:

They asked me to send in my bank statment to prove ive paid off this debt just wondered if any one has advice as to if i have to send my statement in, or should i let them do the digging??????

thanks wayne :cool:

I'm not going to rant on about my friends at RW&C! Here are the relevant sections of the OFT debt collection guidance. It's up to them to investigate, not for you to do their job for them!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/reports/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

2.8(i) & 2.8(k)

Good luck, regards, Dave.

Take Dave's advice. It is up to them to prove that you owe the money not for you to prove that you don't.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I agree. You have told them its paid. Let them take you to Court to prove otherwise. A judge would make mincmeat out of them. Why should you do their work for them.

Thank you very much for this advice would you advise me to write a letter to them and explian these goverment gudielines to them and take it from there.

Thanks again wayne:)

Thank you very much for this advice would you advise me to write a letter to them and explian these goverment gudielines to them and take it from there.

Thanks again wayne:-)

No.

I would simply send them an email with the OFT link in it and let them work it out for themselves.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/reports/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

If they continue to call, see a solicitor to ask for an injunction and damages under the Protection from Harrassment Act 1997.