Oh The Audacity of DG

Audreygreeneyes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good afternoon Everybody ! How are you all - Gee this site is quiet today.......... has the four minute warning gone off and nobody's told me........? LOL!

Oh well I suppose I'll find out in about 3 1/2 minutes..........:D

th_explosion.gif Ouch !!!!!!!!

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Ok Fred. Just don't delete the email, you never know you may need the link again. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

auds, hope our meet goes better than mine and netty's - we were going to meet up when i went to the bbc gardener's world thingy last june but she got ill and we ended up just chatting on the phone - so, no germs for you!!, ok????

• Haha 1

C'mon in freaky - the water's lovely..........:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I think he is still having a few problems with his router. :( . Good evening Johnny. Hows you?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

Lost that first post somewhere...............:o

C'mon in freaky - the water's lovely...........:)

Good evening Jo and Latty - hope ypu're both OK? :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Fine thanks - saucy! ;) My fingers are not as agile as yours..........:p

Nemo me impune lacessit

Lost that first post somewhere...............:o

C'mon in freaky - the water's lovely...........:)

Good evening Jo and Latty - hope ypu're both OK? :D

Your first post when in above mine :D . I'm fine. A bit tired. I've spent the whole day on the computer doing those blasted Tax Returns. Almost done them all. Only 2 left to go.

Well done jo - I'd forgotten about them.........no wonder you're tired :eek:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Can you wonderful people advise me on something please?

Sent SAR together with £10 cheque to cover the cost.

They have sent the statements together with a letter saying they do not charge for the service but have paid the £10 off the balance on the account. Can they do this?

• Haha 1

Can you wonderful people advise me on something please?

Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) together with £10 cheque to cover the cost.

They have sent the statements together with a letter saying they do not charge for the service but have paid the £10 off the balance on the account. Can they do this?

Although at 1st glance it may appear that their action is to YOUR benefit, by crediting the account, they have 'Re-activated' it.

It is a tactic that is often employed by a DCA, so as to provide tangible evidence + re-starts the 6yrs SoLA Regs...:wink:

...:)

Thanks for your reply MTM. Oh and Happy Birthday.:)

The thing is the account is still active anyway. They are not asking for the account to be settled and we do still use them on occasions. I sent them the SAR simply to see how much they had charged me in "administration" fees over the years.

They have simply taken this as an extra payment. I wanted to know if legally they can use this money for any other reason than the intended use.

...I wanted to know if legally they can use this money for any other reason than the intended use.
Well, U gave THEM the max amount (£10) that they could have charged U for a S.A.R.

That monies then became theirs.

If they then choose to give it back to U (...via crediting your account with £10), that is THEIR perogative.

If, however, U HAD expressly stated that U didn't want them to do this, it is a different matter altogether.

The proof of the pudding will come if, or if NOT, they send U the requested Data within the next 40 days!...;)

...:)

Unfortunately I didn't actually state that I would like the cheque returned in the event they didn't charge for the service. I have had the in requested information now.

It's not the money, as you say pete they have have infact given it me back, it's the principle. Cheeky blighters they are!:)

Thanks both!

well, if you are planning to argue principles with them, fl, i fear you'll loose - as they just plain don't have any.....

if your account had been in credit, they could have just not cashed the cheque. but if your account is in debit, i think they would say they were within their rights to put it towards the red balance like any other money that comes to them with your name on it - principles, ha, bloody, ha!

p.s. you've really caught me up now!!!

Hiya lat!:)

Yes I suppose it's wishful thinkinking that they would act fairly or reasonably.

The account is in credit. If it was in the red then that would be fine. They really do take the mick though.

This account has been active for about 2 years. We have had the odd late payment now and again over the years but never missed a payment. The account balance is £240 and it turns out we have been charged £180 in "administration fees":eek: .

Well I will have the last laugh!:D