GLAD vs ABBEY-DEFENCE FILED-HELP PLEASE I'M CONFUSED

glad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone who currently has a court claim going through with Abbey, just entered my claim online today and was reading through your comments, has anyone out there already won a case with abbey???? and has anyone recently had to actually personally show up in court???? Also if Abbey enters a defence which i'm sure it will where do i find help on what to do next ?? I'm a bit concerned with these last cases being won by lloyds that i will have been supposed to show up in a court somewhere in the country and not have been told!!! especially since my case has been sent to Northampton county court when i live in Newcastle !! any comments or advice or general support would be greatly appreciated...

Hi Cj411

the best thing to do is start your own thread so people know where you are with your claim and can advise.

Have a look at these

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/93120-reka-abbey-court.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/85830-clarion48-abbey.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526 This is an A-Z guide of everything you need and is particularly good.

Don't worry about the LLoyds case it has no relevance-read this.http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/90521-lloyds-victory-birmingham-perspective.html?highlight=lloyds

Good luck

Hello everyone. I am new here and very anxious at this stage because we too have had a defence filed and now awaiting AQ. So under pressure as Is everyone else.

I do hope you all continue the fight. Well done and I will continue to gain inner strength from this site. The support is heart warming and its good to realise I am not alone.

Hazel

GLAD you will be fine my mum has just had notification of full settelement of her case, I reckon you will receive this soon as I remember we were at the same stage. Its just a waiting game.

Don't know why but Abbey seem to be treating me slightly differantly and I can't find anyone else in the same position as me with Abbey only with Barclays. My case has been transferred from Northampton to Basildon and now to Southend. Have received the following letter:

"Upon Courts own initiative TAKE NOTICE that the Allocation and Case Management Conference will take place on 25th July at 14:00pm at Southend County Court to be heard before District Judge Dudley when you should attend. PLEASE NOTE: This case may be released to another judge, possibily at a different court."

I don't think this is my actual court date? It doesn't say I need to bring anything? Northampton Court previously advised that the AQ had been dispensed of unless transferred court orders otherwise.

I really don't know what to expect on 25th, is anybody out there in the same position with Abbey, please help!

I'm also confused as to whether I should write to Abbey re settlement again or try the N159 route or Part 12 route - I don't know if they are applicable to my case?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ICY,

It's Lancaster-they say that they are carrying on as normal.I just hope the Judge ignores it and lets the case carry on-I'm just waiting for a court date- both AQ's have been with the Judge but I've had nothing back.

Guest amethystdragon

Hmmmm I'm with Lancaster but at the moment have had nothing from either the court or the Abbey - although I did try mediating with Inga for a settlement and got back a bugger off email

How long ago did you have to have the AQ's in - Mine went in on 16th July

Hmmmm I'm with Lancaster but at the moment have had nothing from either the court or the Abbey - although I did try mediating with Inga for a settlement and got back a bugger off email

How long ago did you have to have the AQ's in - Mine went in on 16th July

They had to be in by 9th July.

I spoke to the court this morning and they are approx 6 weeks behind at present, but they have definitely had no instruction to stay all cases - but of course it is up to the individual Judge.I was told to write to the Judge anyway stating that Abbey intended to apply for a stay and that I do not want this to happen.I presume that I use the template that I have seen from Gary?

Yes - I've had this letter through this morning and I called-up my local CC again today and was told that they are carrying on as normal.

I guess the banks can ask but it's up to the Judge wether they get a stay or not.

The court clerk did stay, they have to comply with the order that has been sent out to them. Which basically breaks down to Abbey having to show the cost of charges.

Letter from the court today saying that the claim has been allocated to small claims(no strike out then!!) and the court date is 22nd October. Suppose that I have to get court bundle ready now?

Has there been any wins against Abbey since news of the test case came out and is it worth me trying to negotiate or just leave it until court.

Any ideas welcome.:)

Hi glad, I would wait a while on preparing the bundle and see if Abbey get in touch, if they apply and are granted the stay then you will be busy appealing that :D

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hi Glad

Try looking at SarahapplesVBarclays 16.08.07 **WON IN COURT** on the Barclays threads, one of the cases she refers too that also won was against the Abbey. Am in court myself today (17.08.07) at 2.0pm will post result whatever happens.

Guest amethystdragon

Glad - Looks like we've both received the same letters - My case is also being heard on the 22nd October - Judge Forrester by any chance ?

Strangely though - My other half got his letter yesterday as well for Lancaster as well but on this one they have accepted the draft directions - So we have 14 days to submit the bundle - then the Abbey have 14 days after to respond or the defence will be struck out - Hearing to take place on 30th November in a back to back - Only difference between the 2 is that the Judge is different for my hubbies

• 4 weeks later...