Gulp..LC v NW

Loonychoons
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wotcha...

No, not for my NatWest claim - I am armed with some wise advise from a certain Hedgemeister and will be tripping along to my local court (in spite of OFT) as soon as I get a minute.

My MCOL is for a mortgage claim. Just wanted to see if anything had happened whilst I was away. Got into MCOL fine this evening.

Have you got your hands on your pennies yet? I'm really chuffed for you :D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting for the cheque to clear hun............. crate of wine on order for when it does!!! xxx ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hey Hedgey....did you down the whole crate of wine in one sitting?? How's that hangover this morning :-D:wink: :grin:

I woke up with a thought this morning (!!)...it's going to take me a while to get to the court to file my N1 as I work quite a way from home and there's no chance of annual leave in the next few weeks.

Given that NW will probably just request a stay in any case, pending the outcome of the test case, do I really need to do the N1 or will MCOl be ok?

I'll be guided by you on this one, Jedi Master...

Cheeky beggar - chronic toothache's put paid to my wine-drinking, but rest assured, normal consumption will resume shortly!!! :D

I'll have to stick my neck out on this one and urge you to do the N1 as opposed to MCOL - particularly at the moment. If you work away from home a lot, you could just print 3 copies of everything off over the weekend (N1 + schedule of charges) and post them to your local court with a cheque for the fee enclosed.

And stop having thoughts............. they're not good for you! Last time I had one .............. me filling came out!! :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Er...are you sure you're not getting confused with toffees? I've never lost a tooth having a thought but I don't have many :o ...thoughts that is, not teeth!

Nope - not confused! Was sat thinking about something........... and me filling dropped out! :o

Still, as hubby says, beats dropping me wine glass!! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Just 3 copies of the claim form with a schedule of charges attached to each one - no need for statements at this stage! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Definitely recorded delivery! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hey... you look different Hedgey... new avatar? Or is it that success has changed you? Hmmmmm.......

Major moustache twiddling going on as I ponder......

Anyway, will post the thing off tomorrow recorded delivery as advised. May shave off moustache in celebratory fashion. Not sure. Child is proof reading so blame her for any mistakes....been a long ciderous day at the cricket!!!

Good old cider - goes down a treat on a day like today. And you need something interesting to do if you're watching cricket all day! :D

Stop twiddling your moustache - I've gotten a new avatar! Last one looked like a complete wimp................ soooooooooooooo not me!!! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Well Hedgey, I've only bleeding well gone and done it.

Finally located cheque book (immediately after I ordered a new one of course) and posted court docs off today.

I got a long letter from NW yesterday citing how desperate they were to settle my claim and make me happy again but sadly their hands were tied by the OFT and the test case, which could take many months but rest assured they'd work tirelessly to resolve my complaint then. See?? They're very reasonable peoples at heart :p

Tempted to write back and say it's easy, just pay up but instead I put the court papers in the post :D

Liking the new avatar. Didn't have you pegged for a blue eyeshadow girl though?

Hallelujah!!! You've been and gone and done it!! Phew.......... let the fun now commence!! :D

Maybe you could write back anyway........... strike up a 'pen friend' thingie with them! Let's face it, they'll be bored to tears now with nothing to do but twiddle their thumbs and throw paper aeroplanes at one another until the test case is settled! :rolleyes:

And I'm not normally a blue eye-shadow kind of gal........... but ain't she just a sassy little madam??!! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 3 weeks later...

Right...got a letter from Cobbetts basically saying they would apply for a stay...and a copy of a letter to Edmonton District judge requesting the stay. Luckily Edmonton is deciding whether to grant a stay on a case by case basis.

I cannot wait for the test case as the money is needed for my wedding in March, and I'm more than happy to go along and argue my case before the judge, is there a letter template (I found the N244 template but would rather send a letter requesting a hearing) ?

hi loonychoons

got the exact same letter as you today, spoke to edmonton and they are still insisting that the judge and himself only will decide what goes ahead and when, the lady said she can assure me that judge identifies each case on its own merits and clarifys every detail in his decisions.

hope it helps, maybe we may get the same day, did you get the AQ with letter.

loltel

Hi loltel - good to know I'm not on my own :D

I didn't get my AQ yet - NW haven't lodged a defence yet as far as I'm aware, which is a bit bizarre that they've applied for a stay before acknowledging eh??

I'm trying to work out whether to get my application for a hearing in first - might give the court a ring tomorrow. Thank god for the Edmonton DJ!!

Phone the court tomorrow LC - see what they recommend.

Have Cobbetts not acknowledged your claim at all yet? :confused:

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

No, it's a bit odd eh? Wouldn't it be a larf if they've asked for a stay without acknowledging :D :D

They do have until 6th September to file it though so I'm not holding my breath. It could be the court just hasn't sent notice of the acknowledgement to me yet anyway.

Will call tomorrow...

I guess you're a bit further along if you've got your AQ?

Can't believe they're requesting a stay before they've even bothered acknowledging the claim!!!

Eager little beavers aren't they! :rolleyes::D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I'm grand! How the devil are you? Still watching cra*py cricket?! ;)

TBH - the Acknowledgement of Service normally comes from Cobblers first, so keep your eyes peeled!

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Blimey! England won the cricket?? :confused: Was the other side that bad??!!! :eek:

Soz............ couldn't resist!!! ;):D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***