Black Horse offer made

joetay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, sent LBA claiming 200 pound (not much but it's mine) from an old agreement. Got a letter today on the 14th day to my surprise, heres how it goes:

Thank you for your letter regarding a refund of charges accrued/applied to your agreement.

We have conducted a review of your account. It has been established that although the charges were added within the terms of the agreement we have on this occassion decided to refund collection activity fees totaling 125.00 being final settlement of your request for account number *********.

Please note that for this agreement we have only refunded collection activity charges as these were penalty charges, and returned payment fees are charges for service. A cheque has been requested today, which will be sent under seperate cover and will arrive within the next 7 working days.

No admission (apart from the penalty charges you muppets:p ) is made in respect of your request on the grounds that those monies became properly due and payable under the terms of the contract as a result of your default (what default:rolleyes: ) and various notices were sent to you at the relevant times informing you of the amount of the charges payable.

We hope the above is satisfactory.

Joe says.... thank you very much BH especialy for your honesty in relation to admitting to levying penalty charges!

So.. thank you to all here as I would not have had a clue hoe to start otherwise and you got me this far. Without wishing to sound ungreatful though, is the comment in relation to the 75.00 returned payment fee correct? From what I've read on here I dont think so! Look forward to a little more advice and please be assured that I do intend to make a donation in the very near future, unlike some others who just cut and run once they have their cash.

Hi joe

What exaclty do they mean by "returned payment fees", under what circumstances do they charge them? If they are to do with not paying things 'cos there is not enough money/ceredit then they are penalties as much as the other charges. Most banks, etc claim all their charges are for a service - how refreshing to see one actually admitting to penalty charges - make sure you hang on to that letter - it may come in useful later.

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

• Haha 1

Thanks Steve, yeh it is refreshing getting an admission like this isnt it?

I dont understand the difference between Unpaid charge fee, collection activity fee and returned payment fe to be honest. I dont think they do either! I think it's just an attempt to keep a little of what they owe me back. Might be a power thing..:rolleyes:

Anyway I'm going to ring them tommorrow and demand to know what the diffirence is. It's only a small amiunt but i's mine so I want it al back.:razz:

It's only a small amiunt but i's mine so I want it al back.:razz:

Absolutely - go for it!

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales