Possible Data Protection Act breach by Indesit??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have an claim under the sale of goods act going with a local retailer.

My washing machine has gone faulty again after 14 months. It was repaired by Hotpoint / Indesit after owning it for 3 months. I paid £379 for it 18 months ago now and don't feel it should be knackered already!

The retailer concerned has contacted Hotpoint / Indesit, who have supplied all my data to them without my consent. This includes correspondance, notes from their computer about phonecalls and a copy of the engineers report.

I have contacted Hotpoint / Indesit who have requested the name of their staff who gave out the information.

I have told them that i do not have to prove who did it, just that the company did it!

I have threatened them with S13 of The Data Protection Act 1998 and possible pending claim for distress and damages.

All I want is the damn machine repaired.....lol

But they seem to be working with the retailer to stop me claiming under The sale of Goods Act......

Can I claim against a manufacturer under the DPA 1998 like this??

Russ

the problem is that Hotpoint / Indesit have rightly said it is out of the 12 month warranty....

The retailer is refusing to sort out the repair, they have just contacted Hotpoint and got copies engineers report of the previous repair for the same problem.

Trading Standards have just advised me to take legal action against retailer...

The retailer expects me to coff up £80 a visit by the engineer, even though the fault keeps occuring since new....

I was told by Hotpoint that they didn't give out things like dates, times and contents of previous repairs to the retailer....

Yet the retailer has quoted word for word letters, given dates and even the engineers name...

I am just angry that Hotpoint / Indesit are lying to me.....

I wondered if I can use as leverage to get the machine repaired as it should have been months ago???

Cheers....

Russ

• 4 weeks later...