V Abbey (N.Ireland) The next step?

macbee48
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All. This is my first post.

I've managed to extract some money from Abbey which amounts to approx. 25% of what i'm entitled to.

I reckon the next step is court. I have the links to the NI courts online claim system so i'm ok for info there but my question is, how easy do Abbey fold after they are hit with this?

Michael

not very easy, seem to make anyone wait as long as they can before settling.

But keep with it and it will all come good in the end

Abbey - Claiming £4,044.82:lol: offered £4,170 - accepted:) :) :) :)

Mint - Claiming £769.71:lol: offered £217 - declined

NatWest - Claiming £272

Hi Michael

I have just won my case a few days ago with Abbey and I all my communication with them was by letter only. I didn't have to fight them too much except for the standard delaying tactics.

If you decide to go to court you will need the NI court service (NICS) small claims form you'll need to send the completed form in triplicate to:

Northern Ireland Courts Service

Civil Processing Centre

PO Box 882

Chichester Street

Belfast

BT1 3JF

Tel: 028 9072 4566

along with the court fee of:

Claim does not exceed £150....Fee £16.00

Over £150 but under £300......Fee £36.00

Over £300 but under £500......Fee £52.00

Over £500 but under £2000....Fee £62.00

after you have sent your claim to the NICS you will receive a letter from them to advise that your claim requires service in England and Wales as Abbey are based on the mainland. Sign the enclosed certification and send the whole thing back to NICS. They will now do the rest, you'll get a letter from Arthur Cox solicitors (Belfast) saying Abbey intend to defend your claim, it's only a standard letter as I got a photo-copy!! so nothing to worry about.

I didn't bother replying to it or to Abbey just waited for my court date, however I did call Abbey 2 weeks prior to the court date to see if they wanted to settle out of court but I was told they didn't have a case on my file and it would take 7-8 weeks to get it sorted, I replied my court date would be sooner and I'd see them there.

Last Friday I got a call from Arthur Cox but I was at work, hence a letter yesterday to say my claim has been paid in full as it could cost Abbey too much to defend it. I am still keeping the case open until the cheque clears :rolleyes:

If you need any help then please PM me any time.

Regards,

Insp C

Abbey - £1100 - Court 18/05/07 - Won in Full 12/05/07

First Direct - Next (pending as 6+ years)

MBNA - PPI charges - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Started 10/05/07

If you need any help then please PM me any time.

Regards,

Insp C

Cheers. I'll do that.

One other question. You mention sending in a form to the court? I believe it is also possible to do it all on-line. Any particular reason why you chose to use the form?

Regards,

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I have just received the letter from Arthur Cox too and was posting here under my own thread and Pming folk & everything to check all was ok and your last posting (Inspector Clouseau) is step for step how I did things and how I will continue to do so! Delighted you got your money.

Ginger Rogers could do all Fred Astaire did but SHE could do it backwards AND on heels!

Thanks Stoneybabe and good to here Seamus was also successful, Stoneybabe I'd be happy to help you and PM me any time and as Seamus says you WILL get your money and don't feel bullied or threatened by Abbey we are here to help you WIN WIN WIN!!!! :grin:

Insp C

Abbey - £1100 - Court 18/05/07 - Won in Full 12/05/07

First Direct - Next (pending as 6+ years)

MBNA - PPI charges - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Started 10/05/07