(Newby) dive.nugget vs Abbey

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I'm sorry to say I am yet another victim of Abbey (but at least I know I'm not alone now). However, I'm new to this site and still trying to figure out how to use it correctly! :confused: So, any friendly advice/guidance that any of you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Like so many people with demanding jobs and hectic lives, I would often go for months without taking a proper look at my bank statements. And even when I received letters saying I had missed DD's or exceeded my overdraught, I foolishly assumed that I just wasn't working hard enough and further increased the already substantial amount of overtime I was working! Yet no matter how hard I worked, my account was always overdrawn long before payday arrived. It was only when my financially more intelligent Fiancee nearly had a fit after reading some of my bank statements that I realised what Abbey had been (and still are) doing to my account. My average monthly charges amount to £85, and on one particular month, Abbey charged me £255!! And that's just a few of the ones I now know about! I dread to think how much they've charged me over the last 6 years but It must run into thousands. I now desperately need to obtain copies of all the statements I'm missing and try to recover my lost fortune from [edit] Abbey before I spiral further into debt.

From the info I've read so far, I believe this site has a forum specifically for my fellow victims of Abbey, but so far, I haven't figured out how I join them. Could someone please point me in the right direction? I've also been unsuccessful in trying to open any of the calculation spreadsheets from the templates library. The only one I have been able to open was via someone else's thread, and I don't think I'm supposed to be using their's, so if you have any ideas I'd love to hear from you.

Regards to you all

Paul :)

Hello and welcome to CAG!

There are a few things which are a must for you to do:

• Print them out for future reference, believe me you will need them.

• Read the threads in your banks forum, this will give you an ideal insight into what you are taking on.

A few things to remember:

• This is your money, it took years for the banks to collect it, so don’t be disheartened to find it takes more than a few weeks to get it back!

• Ask any questions you feel you need, but please remember someone may have already asked the question, so try searching for the answer first.

• Its your money, your responsibility, your job to get it refunded. We are here to support, guide and assist.

• If you are approached by anyone offering to do this for a fee, tell them NO and report them to admin / mod. You can do it, we all had to start somewhere and have been successful. You don’t need to lose up to half your money getting it back and you don’t need to have a degree in law!!

A few things you might want to consider:

• You are a newbie, and as you are reading this, chances are another newbie is signing up. So give a little back and support others when you feel ready to. You can do this by keeping your thread updated so others can read, and maybe offering advice to those who are at the stage you have already completed

• If you would like to donate to the site once you have been successful, then it would be extremely appreciated, especially by those who we haven’t helped yet….because by donating you are helping to keep the site free.

• Use our links to go to other sites; we currently have links to amazon, u-switch and a general search engine. This really helps.

Thank you for joining CAG, and good luck.

Also as a point although we get riled at what the banks are charging, as a site we cannot afford to make mistakes so while we support free speech, please remember not to use libelous remarks!!!

• Haha 1

Oops! Sorry about the emotive comment, I forgot that could be seen as libelous. Thank you so much for your advice and the quick response. I'm more than willing to do the research, I just found so many links on the website that I got a bit lost and needed pointing in the right direction, so thanks for providing all the links for me!

Kind regards and best wishes

dive.nugget

Hello Paul

We will change the wording, just be careful in the future. Welcome to the site.

Before you start please have a thorough read of the FAQs (there’s a Step by Step guide here too). You should print both of these out to refer to, so as to avoid having to ask basic questions later. Our aim is to make you aware of your rights as a consumer, enabling you to fight back against unlawful bank, credit and store card charges. In the website you will find information on how you could get your money back

Then look at other threads in your bank’s forum, so as you know what you can expect to happen.

You need to spend 2 or 3 days gradually getting your head round everything. If you find a forum/thread/post of interest, save it in your Favourites, so as you can always find it easily.

There’s a lot to take in, but it’s time well spent and will ensure that you succeed in your claim without problems. Remember it’s not a race, don’t rush, just follow the guidelines one step at a time.

Take your time and have a good read around this site. Then come and join us in our forum. Here we can guide you every step of the way. Please remember, we are here to help you help your self.

When you feel confident that you understand the process and the various stages involved, start a new thread in your bank’s forum and post your progress and any questions there and you’ll get plenty of help.

If you any questions please do come to the forum and we will only be too happy to help you!

Please also understand that any advice that you receive is normally based on experience and expert advice should be sought if needed.

All the info to get you started is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...se-read-these/

There are more links below to assist you get around the site.

Good luck

Ukaviator

• Haha 1

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi ukaviator,

Thank you so much for the quick response and good advice. As a new user of this website, I'm so impressed with the helpful and friendly but professional attitude of the people who respond to the pleas for help from newbies like myself. Thanks also for links provided, I'll be making good use of them over the next few days before I send off my S.A.R and begin my own quest against Abbey!

Thanks again and best wishes

Paul :)