Bad credit - Parachute needed

Mikelatham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If someone were to have bad credit, lets say because of a vodafone default that went on 3 years ago, and say this person were to be declined on a smile.co.uk current account, what would be an option to get a parachute bank account? this person doesnt need an overdraft, but DOES need a direct debt facility. Which banks will accept pond life?

Thanks in advance.

:)HSBC Current - Prelim sent 2/6/06 £1060 Reciept confrimation 5/6/06

:mad:HSBC Credit - Statements requested 6/6/06 - I reckon around 500 notes.

;)NATWEST - Parachute account opened 4/6/06

If someone were to have bad credit, lets say because of a vodafone default that went on 3 years ago, and say this person were to be declined on a smile.co.uk current account, what would be an option to get a parachute bank account? this person doesnt need an overdraft, but DOES need a direct debt facility. Which banks will accept pond life?

Thanks in advance.

People seem to be getting a Natwest Step Account fairly easily.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

The person in question will give it a go tomorrow. Thanks.

A really easy one to get is the one I have (I have a bad credit history, some might say a credit search on me makes a red light flash).

It is called the open plan current account from the Woolwich, has a Visa Electron Card, Online Banking, Direct Debit, Standing Order and they don't credit check you.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170

Thanks poochball, I too might try that one before reaching terminal velocity so to speak. I also get that flashy red light and siren effect when credit checked.

A really easy one to get is the one I have (I have a bad credit history, some might say a credit search on me makes a red light flash).

It is called the open plan current account from the Woolwich,

Merci

BG

;)

Oh they do credit score you for a Woolwich OPC. If your score is low then you will get an Electron with no OD and if higher then OD and debit card. Be careful if you don't want any more searches on your file!

The Natwest give a step account to virtually anyone - including 2 people I know that had been bankrupt. It allows DDs and comes with a useful solo card.

Bank of Scotland: Claiming £699.47, SETTLED IN FULL at moneyclaim stage

Sisters NatWest - Claiming £1056 - SETTLED at AQ stage

Natwest CC - Claiming £804, SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

GF Natwest - claiming £749.33, moneyclaim filed - SETTLED IN FULL 04/08

MBNA: Claiming £150 - SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

HSBC: £1014 - SETTLED at LBA stage + pending charges removed

Sisters HSBC - £300 - SETTLED IN FULL at prelim stage

Yorkshire bank - claiming £496.68 - SETTLED IN FULL at court date stage.

Capital One - claiming £605.54 -SETTLED IN FULL

DON'T FORGET TO DONATE!

excellent!

I went into natwest today to open a step ac, and they credit checked me. i was delighted when they gave me the option of an advantage GOLD account with cards and the lot. :)

does anyone know if its true that constant standing orders between current accounts boosts your credit rating? eg. £100 constantly going back and forth between two accounts. on a credit file there is nothing about current acounts (apart from a default) but it might affect you score in points?

anybody know??? Thanks