Other half V HSBC

Doz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Checked MCOL this afternoon (25th July) and now says that the claim has been acknowledged which is super quick considering it was only issued on the 23rd July.:o

Schedule of charges is on its way to DG.

Is this the correct address to send to..?

DG Solicitors

12 Calthorpe Road

Edgbaston

Birmingham

B15 1QZ

Yes thats the correct address

Make sure you also send 2 copies to the court as well asking to have put with claim, if they allocate change of court, safe bet send new court 2 copies as well

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your help Celicaman. 2 copies were sent when the claim was issued so iv'e got that angle covered.1 left to send to the address above and then wait for a defence to be filed. :-)

Would still send extra copies to court IF you get a change of venue to local court, they have been known to go missing as for some reason they seem to be very busy ;)

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

MCOL is still saying that our claim has been acknowledged and no defence has been filed after 15 days.

we've hit a minor snag, Been checking Royal Mails track and trace for recorded mail for the schedule of charges that we sent to DG Sols, was still showing it had'nt been delivered.

So i decided to give royal mail a call to check, I was told it had'nt been delivered yet and could take upto 15 days to deliver mail due to the postal strikes, They have at least a weeks back log. I will have to put in a claim after the 15 days if it has not been delivered by then.

So now i have printed another copy off and will be posting first thing in the morning. :rolleyes:

Just hoping now that i dont get a letter from DG saying the claim to vague..Fingers X :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. It's now been 24 days since my court claim was served against HSBC via MCOL.No defence has been filed yet and i'm hoping they don't so i can go for the judgement button. How many days grace should i give them before doing this.?

Hi all again and thanks for all your replys. I have a couple of questions again.

Upon looking at the letters sent by Northampton County Court (MCOL) i am bit confused.

The Notice of issue letter states that my claim was issued on the 23rd July and says that it will be deemed to be served on 28th July.....BUT..the Notice of Acknowledgement letter & on MCOL website says that HSBC acknowledged my claim on 25th July, So..am i right in thinking that it MUST of been served in the 24th July which means that i can file for judgement tommorow (22nd August) OR should i count 28 days from the date stated on the letter being 28th July..?

Of course this is assuming that they don't file a defence in the mean time.!:rolleyes:

Appologies for all the confusing dates.:)

Hiya Doz, the dates confuse a lot of people.

The deemed served date is the important one this is the date all the time periods run from.

DG have to acknowledge your claim within 14 days of this date, this tells the court if they accept your claim or are going to defend it.

DG have to submit a defence within 28 days of the deemed served date, this will trigger the transfer to your local court.

so 28th July deemed served gives you 25th August as the day DG have to submit a defence (press the button after midnight) :)

pete

i saw you question in zoot's thread about all mcol being stayed - she says if they don't defend in time - file for judgment -

don't go pressing the button all the time (it can cause a mishap) but try once each day - if it's too early it won't let you press and if they have defended it will change to a message that says you can't proceed - that means they have defended and according to the info available that would mean you claim is stayed until after the test case - but at least you are in the system to be dealt with at that point. so, just check the website each day until you get a different message.

Checked MCOL today and HSBC have defended the claim which i had a funny feeling they probably would but i was hoping that i could of filed for judgement.

Right..I haven't got to this stage in a claim yet so as from now this is all new to me.

So am i right in thinking that my claim will now be transfered to my local court and I will have wait for further directions.?

Yes, MCOL will send you a "Notice of Transfer of Proceedings" letter which will detail the court in which your claim will be heard. Unfortunately you will probably get a letter from DG saying that they are going to apply to your local court for your claim to be stayed. It will then be up to your local court as to whether they will stay your case.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again. I issued my claim via MCOL 2-3 days before the test case and I have this morning recieved a letter from Northampton County Court regarding our claim and it reads:

Between ...........

and HSBC BANK PLC

Before Distrcit Judge Murdoch

Sitting at Northampton County Court

Without Hearing

IT IS ODERED THAT:-

1) Following the filling of defence or holding defence the claim shall be stayed pending judgement in the Office Fair Trading test case.

2) Liberty to apply with an explanation.

Note: Any party effected by this order may under rule 3.3 (5) apply to have it set aside, varied or stayed. Such a party must apply under Rule 23.3 within 14 days of service of this order.

On the defence papers the defendant claims:

We intend to defend this claim and will file a full defence within 28 days of the stay of proceedings expiring.

What does this mean now.?

• 5 years later...
I have recieved a letter from HSBC dated 7 June 07 and it reads:

Dear *********

Thank you for your request with regard to information about transactions and charges/fees on your account.

We will forward to you copies of statements covering the period in question. These will begin to arrive in seperate batches and will be with you shortly.

We are happy to waive any fees for the production of this information and in order to protect your security, we have destroyed the cheque you sent on bank premises.

Although many of our systems are automated, a "manual intervention" by HSBC staff may be required in a variety of situations including; account opening, dealing with correspondence or telephone calls, when deposits or withdrawals are made over the counter at our branches and from time to time during account administration.

If you require more information, please let us know.

Yours sincerely

Angela C Harris

Centre Manager

So i'm going to get them in dribs and drabs then but it has'nt cost me a tenna!

Bearing in mind i recieved this letter after 42 days of requesting them and up to now it has been 45 days.!!

A delaying tactic maybe..?

Hi, I have a question, I am in the Us and I got a letter too from this lady Angela, do any of you have her email address? THank you!

Hi, I have a question, I am in the Us and I got a letter too from this lady Angela, do any of you have her email address? THank you!

its not an employee its a Pseudonym used just for sending letters