Bryan Carter- Ceased as a Company???!!! *Took a while but WON in the end

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

howabout everyone signing a petition and sending it to nicky clarke of watchdog they seem to like this kinda thing in amongst my hundreds of letters to dcas etc i think i migt as well drop him al line and maybe a few others could do the same this could be good tv for the beeb

I just showed a court bailiff who is a friend of a friend one of Bryan Carters threat letters. he especially liked the below paragraph..

THE COUNTY COURT BAILIFF WILL BE INSTRUCTED TO SEIZE GOODS TO THE VALUE OF THE WARRANT AND THIS MAY RESULT IN THE REMOVAL OF SUCH ITEMS AS YOUR T.V. OR VIDEO.

MMM.. he commented about hardship cases and that it would be totally unfair to attend a property just to seize goods without first looking at each debtors financial means, But he has taken a copy of the letter to show his manager.;)

Also he commented on the fact of who is going to open their door freely and let him in if the debtors are pre warned that their goods are going to be taken...:D

me thinks that mr carter iz getting wose now I thaught it was against the law to make threats like that

His will slip up before long, and there will be many people willing to make sure he suffers as much as the people he has harassed for many years..

And i have informed the Revenues about his different addresse's , they have said they will look into it, as they are obliged to follow up all calls received.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys, some advice please.

Received a CCJ dated 5 Nov....to be honest not sure what it's for, tho suspect a catalogue debt ex ran up in my name (we separated 2 years ago).

Have had no correspondence in the meantime - including initial summons - but live in a remote area so not exactly uncommon.

A couple of days after judgment received letter from Bryan Carter & Co (signed by the great 'man' himself) demanding payment.

After speaking to National Debt Helpline I'm aware this could prob be set aside, especially as no CCA, but what should I do about this bunch of sheisters?!

All opinions welcome.............

Did you not receive any legal paperwork from the court at all??,and did Mr Carter send you any letters warning you that he would take the matter to court.

If not i would apply to the court for copies of the summons,and make it well known to them that no correspondence has ever been sent you.

Mr Carter maybe one Northampton's bulk court best customer's,but he ain't too clever with the letter's he is sending out,regarding warrant amounts and ordering the court's Bailiff's to come and seize peoples goods.

P.S MR Carter i hope you read this coz the letter you sent me about the outstanding warrant amount certainly doesn't compare to the copy i have from the court.:D :D

The only paperwork received from the court is the judgment for claimant, and I've had no correspondence from Bryan Carter.

Details on judgment and Carter's letter agree (ref no etc), but amounts are different. Judgment for £181, but letter says £623! Plus £80 costs added onto judgment too.

I don't even know exactly what this is for, have CCA'd them today and applied for set-aside. I KNOW they can't have a CCA because I've never applied for anything.

Any further suggestions gratefully received

This is Mr Carter's party trick claiming X amount through a judgement and then sending you a letter with a totally different amount.(don't worry Mr Carter is about to become unstuck with his naughty ways) you are doing everything right at moment,just a waiting game now.

You can also go down the road of requesting a SAR,that will really P_ _s him off.

Don't take no nonsense of this person,he took you to court and now you want to know why.

If you didn't receive the original claim pack from the court you can apply for set aside on that basis, because your non-receipt means that you were unable to defend yourself (apoosibly counterclaim for any penalty charges added to the account.

You will probably find that the judgement is only for part of the debt and the letter is for the total amount they are claiming. My OH had a similar claim from them. It means that they can still go back to court and claim the rest of the amount, this 2 CCJs for what is actually one debt.

Have you looked at your statements to see how many charges there are on it, which you can reclaim? If you don't have that info, get it asap.

I successfully got set aside for my Oh cos we didn't get the claim pack and the penalty charges reduced the amount to almost nothing. When Mr C was notified of set aside, within a week we got notice of discontinuance, and we've not heard from him of the CC company since.

I know nothing about this account at all, so haven't got a clue about charges. As I said, I think this is probably an old catalogue debt ex ran up in my name....I've had a couple of others who have actually written them off when they found out I wasn't responsible.

But after advice from National Debtline and reading some things on here, no way was I going to talk to them!!

I have seen elsewhere on this forum, a post where it is legally stated as being not allowed to "split" a debt to allow multiple CCJs

ie you cant put a claim in for one amount, then claim the remainder of the original amount through the courts after you have got the initial CCJ.

It's not the warrant number that's pertinent but the actual debt that's being chased

Perhaps someone wiser than I can comment???

If Carter is suing for his fees only, then Inform the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Carter will be in breach of regulations prohibiting him from putting his own interests before those of his client

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action