rawhidedi vs Barclays***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologises. Barclays eventually sent me a letter offering the full amount plus expenses, letter received on 28/06. Accepted offer. Adjourned court hearing for 14 days, so that payment would be processed and cleared (cheque was requested). Advised Barclays of the adjournment, they accepted it. Once payment is fully cleared, I will cancel the claim.

Thank God.

Hi rawhidedi

Sorry to hijack but see that you had a resolve loan and I was wondering whether anyone here could provide some advice. I have an account with Barclays which was a student account, which at the time had an overdraft limit of £1600. I don't use the account anymore, but some time ago I received a fair few charges for going overdrawn, etc. I couldn’t afford to pay the overdraft off, so I used another account I had with Barclays. After some time, Barclays insisted that I pay off the overdraft immediately. I could not afford this, as I could only afford to pay £35 per month. They insisted I open a resolve loan account with them which would pay off my overdraft and then I would pay off the loan each month. I told them that I could afford to pay £35 and they told me that it would take something like nine years to pay it off. The interest seemed really high, but I figured that I didn’t have much choice in the matter. I took the loan for £1900. I have been paying £35 per month for the past two years and the balance is currently just £1691. I know I can claim the charges back, but is there anything i can do about the loan? I still use another account with Barclays for day-to-day stuff, but i'm worried they'll close all my accounts or will they just close the one i claim charges back on? I hope someone can help...

Championless

• 2 months later...