Swiftone Vs Yorkshire Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to everyone

This is my first posting to the site so I'm feeling a bit nervous :)

I have just received a reply from the bank detailing a long list of the terms and conditions of the account and stating that the charges were applied in accordance with the terms and conditions and that they are not prepared to refund the charges on my account. They also enclosed a copy of the internal Complaint Handling Procedure.

Is this standard practice? Do I still send the LBA?

Please help, thank you

I'm assuming that you've received all your statements and sent off the prelim letter asking for your charges back?. If that's the case then once the 14 days have passed you need to send the L.B.A.

Sarah.

Yorkshire Bank

Started Process 19th Sept 2006.

All Stages Followed.

Next Step Court!

Hearing Date 7th June 2007.

WON!!!!! 6th June 2007 :D

Frequently Asked Questions

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

Would actually say there's now no longer a need to await the 14 days as they have stated that they will not refund the unfair penalty charges. This is standard pratice btw yes and expect nothing less :) ... Have a good read through the 'step by step' in the FAQ's as this will clarify quite a few things, and then read as much as possible. I did this and it helps a lot (hence the more reading than posting lol)

Yorkshire bank - Subject access request sent 14/11/06

Thanks to you both for your replies :)

Yes have statements and sent prelim letter. I will now do my LBA and send off.....look out bank here I come.

Off to find FAQ's.....must be half asleep couldn't find them lol

Rather than delete the line, I would amend to say something along the lines of there being no satisfactory reply.

eg.

" I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond positively to my letter of the [XXDATEXX]."

Yorkshire bank - Subject access request sent 14/11/06

• 1 month later...

Help please. I have received a letter from Jeremy Sutcliffe & Co Solicitors on behalf of Yorkshire Bank. The letter states that

"the bank is prepared to make an ex-gratia payment to you (although it does not admit liability) in the sum of £200 in full and final settlement of your claim.

We enclose a form of acceptance which you should return to us within 10 working days after which this offer will lapse"

As I have been away, the 10 days has already lapsed; not that I would have acepted

Which rejection letter should? Who should I send it to and what should I do next? Any help will be appreciated

HelloIn response to your query about 2 accounts on the N1, I have just been through this myself. I am new to all this too, but I think I am safe in saying that if you want to have a look at my thread:New claimant - YB, you will see from #11 onwards that I was asking the same question as you and I got some much needed and very good advice. The charges on both my accounts amounted to less than £5000.Regarding your last post, I'm not really clued up enough yet to answer that, but good luck.

Hi, no not yet.

I think that I may need to send a rejection letter to the solicitor (as this is who the letter came from) but am not sure which one to send, is it number 3 and is the form of acceptance classed as a condition?. If I send the rejection letter when do I need to complete the N1 form for court action?

:) Hi Bigmac. Thanks for your help I really appreciate it, don't want to mess things up . Is the date in the rejection letter the date that I actually send the N1 off to the courts?

In the bit below put a date you intend to start legal action.

That date will depend on your lba, if it still has time left on it (14+2 days) even though they have made an offer make sure the date is after this time runs out.

I shall be commencing court action on XX/XX/XXXX for the full amount claimed.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently sent rejection letter to offer by banks solicitors and have received this today from the bank; anybody else had one of these?

Re: Charges Claim

Thank you for your most recent communication which has been passed to this department for further consideration.

We note that, on this occasion you have declined to accept the Banks offer of an ex gratia payment in full and final settlement of your claim.

In the case of your claim, we can confirm that we have reopened our enquiries. We are currently conducting an in depth analysis of the conduct of your account. Please be assured that careful consideration is being given to all the facts and every efort is being made to resolve this matter at the earliest opportunity. We will advise you of the outcome as soon as our investigation is concluded.

In the meantime, we thank you for your patience in this matter and will contact you as soon as our investigations are complete.

Any one else had one of these? Any thoughts?

Well settlement or court their choice.

They say thank you for your patience and they will contact you as soon as their investigations are complete.:D

So what have they done before now?

These are standard letters.

Hopefully they will settle sooner rather than later.