sar-reliable(jd williams)

conchy_joe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there

i have asked jd williams/relaible collections for true copies of my credit agreements with them

they wrote an email with attachments of their credit agreements - they were not signed by me and they had filled in the name and address etc

they have said they do not have to provide a true paper copy ? is this correct. i started my accounts with them around april 2008 - does this all make a difference too? can anyone ched any light on all this?

many thanks:???:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

I'm new here, I had a letter today from Reliable Collections Limited about a debt I owe to Oxendales, threatening me with death and destruction, plague and pestilance etc

I am trying to pay it off bit by bit, I have also asked for my original CA and they have said they don't have to supply a signed copy?

I paid into a 'Piece of Mind' plan for the last 8 years with Oxendales and now I am only working part-time they say it doesn't cover me!

But what made me really chuckle was in the envelope was a flyer from 'Kensington Finance' asking if I wanted a loan............class!

I have been in dispute with a catalogue company for nearly a year. I have been asking for a signed copy of my “true copy”. I know for a fact that they don’t have one and that by requesting a SAR they would realise this and back down. I am still getting chased by a debt company and their solicitors. It is getting frustrating. I have wrote to the solicitors to inform them that I am in Serious dispute with the company and that they should not sell on my information, I have also sent a letter to the recovery company to inform them of the same. They have both ignored me and continues to demand payment, with threatening statements such as “we are strongly considering applying for a court summons” and so on. They even gave me a break down of how much this will cost.

In the mean time looking at my credit score I have been put as default and the dispute is being ignored. I know this is complex, but does anyone have any ideas of what to do next? I would be really grateful.

• 1 month later...

Today ( sunday may 30th 2010 ) i recieved a phone calllink3.gif from reliable collections telling me they hadnt recieved any payments from me for the past couple of months, and they asked for a token payment over the phone, i told them i dont have the means to pay that way and i was with a debt management company. They said they had looked at my experianlink3.gif credit file which showed i had a debit card and three credit cards, i told them i dont have any of these and that the people i had credit cards with are now my creditors and i had cut up the cards and returned them to the companies referred to over a year ago, the man on the phone fell just short of calling me a liar and then asked if i had family or friends with cards that would pay them on my behalf, i said no, he didnt like the reply. He told me if i dont get the debt management company to call them first thing on tuesday morning they would start proceedings in to getting baliffs involved. So far the debt management company hasnt contacted them, which im disappointed about and i will have a go at them on tuesday to find out why the delay. Can reliable collections call me like this at home and say these kind of things? I dont remember if i ever signed and returned the credit agreement to shapely figures.

I did write to several creditors and debt collectionlink3.gif agencies although not to reliable collections, but i did write to shapely figures, asking not to be contacted by phone at home as i have mental health problems and i feel to much under pressure dealing with these people by phone.

I have a history of taking overdoses of tablets, last time i went into hospital on a tuesday and didnt wake up until the sunday.

After the call today i felt like doing the same again, but came on the net to see if other people was having problems like this, so i thought i would try and get some some advice on here.

My whole bank holidaylink3.gif is ruined and i feel so depressed and vunerable to taking another overdose being as i cant ring my debt management company for another 2 days.

By the way, i am not working and i am on dla for mental health reasons.

I owe shapely around £1500.00

Thanks for reading

• 1 year later...
Hi all

I'm new here, I had a letter today from Reliable Collections Limited about a debt I owe to Oxendales, threatening me with death and destruction, plague and pestilance etc

I am trying to pay it off bit by bit, I have also asked for my original CA and they have said they don't have to supply a signed copy?

I paid into a 'Piece of Mind' plan for the last 8 years with Oxendales and now I am only working part-time they say it doesn't cover me!

But what made me really chuckle was in the envelope was a flyer from 'Kensington Finance' asking if I wanted a loan............class!

start your own thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...