Hilton -v- Nationwide

milecastle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have already posted a few questions on here for specific help but I thought I would start a new thread for my claim like everyone else has.

A brief history of my claim:

Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on 1st Fed 2007 received as expected.

I then sent my first letter asking for £2,281 back on 20th March.

LBA was sent 10th April.

On 26th April I posted claim on MCOL after receiving the usual response from Nationwide to all these letters.

I am still working on this as it seems their system was making errors on Thursday and was giving people an issue date of 13/04/07 rather than 26/04/07!

Anyway, I am expecting a call tomorrow AM so we can get this part sorted. I have already received my issue of notice -with the incorrect issue date!!

I guess it would be wishful thinking to hope that Nationwide open their issue of notice tomorrow, see that they have until May 2nd to acknowledge and so panic and just pay up! :p

I just hope Nationwide do not drag this out too long!! :shock:

I phoned MCOL this morning and got a different guy who said he has not heard about this issue but can see an amendment on the system with the correct dates. I can't see this change online - should I still be worried??

I guess if they say it is OK I should just relax? Just thinking Nationwide will be getting a Notice of Issue with an incorrect date and the guy did not say if they will send them the corrected version - I guess I should have asked but I was in a rush!

well done milecastle, i too am waiting on there defense.............think they are busy best of luck x

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

• 4 weeks later...

Nationwide have until tomorrow to file a defense. What do I do if they don't - also if I do nothing what do the courts do??

The problem is I am on holiday Thursday in Canada until 18th June so not really good timing!! My son is at home and will open all my mail for me and let me know if there is any relating to this case. I will also have internet access everyday if I need to go onto MCOL – will that say when a defense has been added?

Should I ask for a judgment by default – as they acknowledged I guess they can’t claim they were not aware of the case?

Any advise would be very welcome!!!

Thanks guys!

Also, if they defend how soon will the Allocation Questinnaire be sent out - do I need to sign it or attach anything to it. I am worried I will miss the deadline as I am away!!

Help!! :confused:

Hi,

Take a look at this thread before filing for judgement http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=13

Also whisksas sent an e-mail to Eversheds reminding them and within 1 hour payment was made into account.

Take a look at their thread here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/93836-eeeeek-mcol-28-day.html

Nationwide - S.A.R sent 3/1/07

Statements receieved 01/02/07

Pre Lim sent 10/02/07

LBA sent 25/02/07

MCOL Submitted 14/05/2007

Case Closed - Won from NW 14/06/2007

Lloyds TSB -

Prelim sent 30/04/07

LBA Sent 15/05/07

OHs Lloyds TSB

Pre Lim Sent 30/04/07

LBA Sent 15/05/07

T-Mobile - Prelim sent 8/1/07 **WON** 18/1/07

Capital One - Prelim sent 10/01/07

Offer letter receieved 29/01/07

My final day today - they have until midnight to put in their defence!!

I sent an email to the solicitor at Eversheds and guess what?? SHE IS ON HOLIDAY UNTIL MONDAY!!!

Will they have put someone else on my case - should I not know who that is??!!

Wanting to get this sorted today as off on holiday tomorrow - can some answer me some questions about the AQ???

Do I need to add a cover letter?? The form will be simple to fill in but will there be any other work required with it?

Thanks guys!!

Would it be a good idea to enter a judgment by default?? I know this can cause delays if they try to get it lifted but I don’t see how they could - as they acknowledged they obviously can't claim to have missed any letters??

I emailed someone else at Eversheds and they say defence was entered yesterday so I hope I will get the money within the next few days! I guess it is possible they are going to defend for real athough I hope not!

I just got this off MCOL:

You are unable to take any further action online on this claim.

The Defendant disputes the whole amount you have claimed. Your claim cannot proceed online and will be transferred to the appropriate court for continuation. You will receive confirmation to where the claim has been transferred to shortly.

Does that def mean they want to take it further or could it be their defence say's we will pay in full??? Worried now!! No money in account yet!!

You'll receive a defence in the next 5 days or so. Whatever their defence is, in the majority of cases it just serves to buy them time. So don't worry, but keep on reading.

Quite often they've paid up before the hard copy of the defence arrives. Thats the way it happened to me.

Just relax, hold your nerve, and carry on preparing for the 'just in case'.

K.:)

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck