Strapt v Egg - full settlement offered! quick question...

strapt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey everyone, thought I would post this (got a coupla questions anyway tho) seeing as everyone on the Egg section of the forum seems a bit unsure about their claims as Egg dont seem to pay out as quick or easily as the rest. Well, just got a letter offering a full settlement of £600 inc court fees and 8%. It did take a while though and went further than all of my other claims, I was gearing up to actually seeing them in court basically as it had gone from MCOL to my local court and I was waiting for a hearing date.

It's not quite sorted yet tho as theres a few problems which Im hoping someone can help on... I moved house and only just got the forwarded letter with the offer and have just missed the deadline for accepting the offer from the Egg lawyers. Im guessing this is not such a problem as they are willing to settle now and also theres a few things in the offer im not happy about anyway. So... 1. I want to accept the offer still but stipulate that I dont agree to the confidentiality clause and 2. I also want the settlement by cheque and not just taken off my balance.

I guess I'm just checking that I can do this and if there's anything I should know in wording this letter; should I also send one to the courts or anything too? Anyway hope some can drop me a quick reply on this. Thnx!