Owed more than the Court limit

campbeji
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My first post here so sorry if it is in the wrong place or anything.

I'm based in Belfast and I believe that the limit for the small claims court is £2000. By a quick count I recon that the Nationwide probably owe me about £5000, so what should I do, only claim £2000, claim £2000 2.5 times, Forget the small claims court and go for the next step up.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jim

Nothing done yet, Just arrived at the site recently, but the following banks etc will be hearing from me

Nationwide acc 1

Nationwide acc 2

Nationwide acc 3

My MBNA

Wifes MBNA

My Citibank

Wifes Citibank

My GE Money

Wife's GE Money - £78.85 - Preliminary letter sent 5/6/06

Mint - £140.00 - Preliminary letter sent 5/6/06

Capital One

Hi all,

I also meant to ask about multiple accounts with the Nationwide, at one time I had 3 accounts with them, all of them had charges applied at one time or another. Should I handle them all as one claim or different claims? My final question, some of my accounts, both bank and credit card have been closed, can I still make claims against them?

Thanks in advance

Jim

Nothing done yet, Just arrived at the site recently, but the following banks etc will be hearing from me

Nationwide acc 1

Nationwide acc 2

Nationwide acc 3

My MBNA

Wifes MBNA

My Citibank

Wifes Citibank

My GE Money

Capital One

The small claims court in Northern Ireland does have a lower limit but I think I can see the answer to the first post in the second. You say you have multiple accounts. Are the charges on any one of these over £2000? If not then launch action for the three accounts seperately. If one of them has charges over the £2000 figure then deal with the claims separately, seperated by date of charge. E.g. From 01/01/2004 to 01/06/2006 then 01/01/2000 to 31/12/2003 for example. If the earliest charges are not too near the six year limit then do the most recent first. (I have no knowledge of the law in NI, check whether there is a six year limit or whether it is longer or shorter).

You can claim for all charges within the time limit whether the account is still opened or has been closed.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Hi all,

My first post here so sorry if it is in the wrong place or anything.

Jim

Can you start a thread in Nationwide forum please and this thread will be moved there .

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

You will find the answers to your questions and so much more in the FAQ section. It is vital you spend a couple of days browsing the site before you start any action. Once you have done this if there is anything you are still unsure of then ask away!

Cheers

Woolfie

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Woolfie,

Sorry I checked the FAQ's when I wasn't logged in, thought they were a bit empty, doh, I'll log in and read them properly. Thanks

Mjanet

Posted here cause the questions refer to accounts I have with various institutions, obviously didn't express it very well when I used Nationwide as an example.

Thanks Blueskies for the answer.

I'll go off and read the FAQ's now

Bye for now

Nationwide acc 1

Nationwide acc 2

Nationwide acc 3

My MBNA

Wifes MBNA

My Citibank

Wifes Citibank

My GE Money

Capital One