• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Wednesday1867 vs MBNA***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now i have got a query :(

At the minute cos im on a dmp, my interest has been dropped by my reckoning to just over 3%.

The SAR doesnt show any interest rates on it. If i ring them are they likely to tell me?

Whats the best way of finding out?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right then, ive added all the charges into the spreadsheet, ive used the guide interest of 21% for now ( Off Maxwells Thread til i find correct amount out)

Total amount in charges = £1700

Total Interest @ 21% = £1060.44

Total to Claim £2760.44

Right as i have said previously i'd like to royally screw MBNA 8-)

So im gonna ask here and in the PPI forum, as they can't produce my agreement, they can't prove i asked for PPI and i can't remember asking for it.

So if i add 60 months of PPI at £32 = £1920

Then take the £1920 and add interest on this, (£1700 gives £1060 int so roughly £1920 makes) £1100.

Total PPI claim would be for £3200 roughly.

Now if i add both claims together i get a rough total of £6000 against a debt of roughly £3800, so all this action would leave me with a zero balance on the card and a cheque for roughly £2200.

Then i can move forward with the lack of agreement to get anything untoward off my credit file?

Does this sound logical and feasible?

Should i just go for the lack of CCA?

So many questions lol

Im going to send a non compliance about the statements, even tho i got them, ill do a rough letter and post it to see what any experts think :-D

Do you hear the music.................. MBNA lets dance :D :D

The best you can hope for is that your debt is written off and any defaults

on your credit file deleted.

You won't be able to claim a refund since the lack of the original agreement

means that you are claiming that you do not recognise the debt. Therefore

you cannot then turn around and ask for money back on the debt.

Devils advocate here///

MBNA and Barclaycard have both not produced true copies of CCA for me, MBNA have nothing and BC have not enough.... however they both word letters to insist that what they have is enough, and the debt is still valid etc etc My outlook on this is: play them at their game for the time being, pay the debt and claim the charges.... then afterwards when, and if, that is over, reclaim off them.... using their non compliance of providing the CCA and claim back all interest paid to them, using the argument that the agreement does not exist....

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

Right im not sure where im gonna go with this claim now :confused::D

I do know i want my full details, such as interest rate and value of interest charged and value of ppi charged, so here is a letter ive composed, looks ok to me, hopefully reads ok?i scavenged bits from the non compliance letter.....

Dear Ms Claridge,

I am writing in regard to your letter dated **/**/07, which contained your views regarding the value of MBNA’s charges and also included a print out of all my transaction details.

Firstly I am in receipt of the documents that you have supplied in response to my Data Protection Act information request dated **/**/07.

The disclosure of personal data is incomplete. My original request was for “a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation”. Although I did receive a complete print out of my account history, it was missing vital charges and information, such as:

Interest rates ( Amount of interest I’m paying at any given point)

Interest Charges ( How much is being added monthly)

PPI Charges (How much was the premium each month and how did it vary)

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, it is just an example of some of the information I am missing.

Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

The time for compliance with my request has now expired. If you do not comply fully with my Subject Access Request within 10 days, I shall apply to the County Court for an order to enforce compliance, together with damages at the discretion of the court.

Also regarding your goodwill payment of £*** to be credited to my account, I can not and will not accept this payment at this time especially without the information I require.

Also you state my £10 postal order was to be enclosed, unfortunately it wasn’t, so in my view, the fee has been paid.

Any views?

just sorted my paper work out..

Over limit fee 2001-sept2002 £18

Late fee for above the same

£20 for both Sept 02-Oct03

23.10.03-5.6.06 both charges £25

£12 from thereon

I have been charged 24.9%, which seems quite common

Hope this helps

• Haha 1

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Thanks Standing, if ive been charged 24.9, its an extra £190 :D

What do you reckon to my letter standing?

No idea, which way i need to take this now :confused:

All i do know, is i need to go to bed, working in Livingston tomorrow :eek: its a long way from South Yorkshire :D

You run the risk that if things do not go your way that the most you get back

are the unlawful charges which will be used to reduce the debt but you

will be faced with having to pay the balance. And any default will run for

six years after the debt is cleared. Up to you.

Of course you will be able to get them for committing an offence..

You run the risk that if things do not go your way that the most you get back

are the unlawful charges which will be used to reduce the debt but you

will be faced with having to pay the balance. And any default will run for

six years after the debt is cleared. Up to you.

Of course you will be able to get them for committing an offence..

Hi, I wondered what you thought would be the best way to proceed, chase for the charges/interest etc, and then go for a write off if no agreement can be produced? Or push for the agreement?

I'm in a similar situation, and really not sure of the best way to pursue it. :confused:

It may depend on a number of things such as-

1] Do your charges come to more than the debt

2[ are you strong enough to pursue the bank/DCA to Court

etc

The simplest way is to send £1 and a CCA request. If they cannot produce

the original agreement in the required timescale, you do not need to repay the

outstanding amount. You do not have to go to Court, nor work out how much

they owe you in interest and unlawful charges. It is usually quicker and easier

to resolve as well.

If they do produce a properly executed agreement, then you can send them

£10 and an sar to recover the unlawful charges and thus reduce the debt.

Evening all, im back again :D

Right then today i sent the pre posted letter, witha few changes, giving 7 days instead of 10 etc. Did say in it i can not and will not accept the offer without the full info of S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), so hopefully dont need to send a rejecting letter just yet.

JUst got in to find my latest statement from MBNA :smile:

The PPI refund i mentioned in an earlier post, was for £4 :rolleyes: no idea why, so my complaint letter should still do the trick for now ;)

Standing and Pandora, we seem to be in a mire as to go for the charges or the cca route.

Well by my maths above if i reclaim charges and PPI i come out with a couple of quid, more than if i went the cca route. I wrote to MBNA 19 May to tell them my account was in dispute regarding lack of agreement. Well as i said today i received my new statement, on the bottom there is a calculation of next months interest charge. Now am i right or wrong if my account is in dispute they cant charge interest? If MBNA dont view my account as in dispute, neither do i :D

So they cant or havent produced my agreement, they have 7 days to produce the info i asked for in the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), interest rate and ppi charges etc. When all this comes in, im gonna have a 2 pronged attack, one for charges and one for ppi.

Their 7 days is nearly up (posting this as tempted receipt of transaction list next day ;) ) so if nothing arrives in the next day or two.

Cmon MBNA give me something to work with :D Ive got demands for refunds coming out of my ears to send to you, just need those last few details before i hit the trail......

Hi Wednesday, are you ok?

I am ready to file at court now, still intending to take the claiming back charges route myself. Have just been offered a 2nd goodwill payment, as well as the first, taking me up to £1750, it's for nearly all the charges, but I want the interest too.... Am watching your thread with interest to see if something similar is going to happen to you.

Keep us posted xx

Im not too bad standing, thanks :)

Working too much tho grrrrr :rolleyes: oh and footy season is finished :( other than that im tip top thanks :)

Im glad your getting somewhere standing, im like you, i want charges and interest back, if i ever find out the interest thay charged me. If i can claim charges and PPI back, that will leave them owing me :D and as they are currently adding interest on to my account, they dont accept its in dispute, so like i said, neither do i.......

Think the 7 days is up tomorrow or Thursday regarding the statements, doubt ill get them, but lets hope and see eh:)

Yeah i know and to think we were playing them 2 years ago :cool:

Buying my season ticket in a fortnight, hence why i posted on your thread for not really wanting to file at court for the non compliance.

Just realised i paid nearly £700 to a dca last year at the beginning of my DMP, dca or payplan were using an account number too short. Got the statement from Egg (original debt) the £700 hasn't been credited, even tho they knew about the mistake, so that could of gone if id not known about bank charges etc :D just got to now find where it is and get it paid to Egg :)

I understand, |I have got three claims, all at filing at court stage, but 2 weeks before a holiday means I will probably have to wait a little while...

good luck with the Egg stuff though, seems to me that the more we look, the more we find..............

Im not too bad standing, thanks :)

Working too much tho grrrrr :rolleyes: oh and footy season is finished :( other than that im tip top thanks :)

Im glad your getting somewhere standing, im like you, i want charges and interest back, if i ever find out the interest thay charged me. If i can claim charges and PPI back, that will leave them owing me :D and as they are currently adding interest on to my account, they dont accept its in dispute, so like i said, neither do i.......

Think the 7 days is up tomorrow or Thursday regarding the statements, doubt ill get them, but lets hope and see eh:)

Fixtures out now though, soon be the start of another glorious (sic) season for us.

Do you mean Wednesday or Newcastle?

Already planing my trip to Ipswich for opening day :cool:

Then down to Millmoor a few days later, might even get my ugly mug on SKY :eek:

Dont know what (sic) means

It's the toon and "sic" is sarcastic as in the cr*ppy seasons we've had since the demise of KK and Sir Bobby.

Hiya mate. I havent heard a dicky bird (nor a seagull!!) either from my email, so it looks like its court for me, its just going to have to wait a couple weeks, darent dig into the holiday savings money....