Tracy v HBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just back from summary cause hearing against BOS. It isn't as bad as you'd think it was, sheriff was very helpful and friendly. The BOS are only defending charges older than 5 years and have agreed to pay out the charge swithin the past 5 years. This is my 4th action against them and the obnly time they have defended.

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Claim No.4:- claiming £1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to use the Financial Ombusman to claim my bank charges back from BOS for a second closed account I had with them. Im also currently using the Courts and have filed a Summary Cause for another account I have with them.

Has anyone claimed the 8% interest from FOS. I was knocked back from the bank after only 1 letter to them (Prelim letter). Obviously at that point I didn't request the interest. Can I request this now, when using FOS to claim back?

Hi folks

I have sent the Prelim letter to BOS for a closed account I had with them. They sent theire reponse back within 2 weeks or so, saying that they have fully investigated and that they are declining my complaint, bla bla bla. I am going to take my complaint to FOS rather than the courts but do I do this now, or do I send BOS a LBA?

I'd send a complaint to the FOS, if you go via that route you will have slightly more leg to stand on if the case ends up in court, sending an LBA at the wrong stage has been the downfall of a couple of cases recently.

I understand that most banks will

a) refuse the claim for charges in the first case

b) when challenged offer the 'difference between their charges and £12 which is stated as reasonable.... (which ISN'T legislation, is just somebody's suggestion....)

c) offer again at about 75% of the amount you claim

Its a delaying tactic but once you get your teeth into them they don't like it - the FOS will be able to tell you the timescale. Mine was 8 weeks, negative reply back from GMAC so complaint going out Monday, and in two weeks time CAP1 will be in default of the FOS so going for full amount they claimed I owed - which was thrown out in court - and harrassment claims as they chased after a Notice of Disassociation was sent out!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Tracy.

Don't bother contacting the court, you will only have to contact them the day after your court return date, to see if there has been any response from your bank.(Hopefully there won't be).

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• dx100uk changed the title to Tracy v HBOS