Tracy v HBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Rory. Is it now the courts policy to not accept splitting of claims?

I thought that it was only Edinburgh Sheriff court that was refusing them?

Correct me if I am wrong please!

As far as i am aware it is Edinburgh and Kilmarnock, dont know if anyone can expand on that, i know Hamilton still accept more than one claim

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tracy, i have succesfully claimed three times using the summary cause action, and three times they have settled before the court date. My last attempt was actually just settled on saturday and that was settled hassle free including contractual interest at 29.8%.

There are pro's and con's and no-one should advise you to use the summary cause, but it is entirely your decision.

Good Luck

I have just done this and it's basically the same as a Small Claims.

The process may be basically the same, but the consequences should you lose a court case are different, you ARE liable for costs should you lose.

Therefore, no one should advise anyone else to go down this route, it is entirely up to the individual, who should be fully aware of what they are doing, ignorance is no excuse ;-)

To Clear in up have alook at this ~~> http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/scotland/71013-urgent-attention-please-read-9.html#post687285

Should explain it clear enough for everyone

Good Luck All

S

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I also used my local branch for initial claims, but have since been advised this is not the best idea. The address should always be the banks head office.

In this case (B.O.S) the address should be :

BANK OF SCOTLAND

The mound

Edinburgh

EH1 1 YZ

I know people will argue that they have been succesful using the branch address, but i had it explained quite clearly why this is incorrect, the banks can challenge this if they wish, i cant remember the ins and outs exactly.

• 2 weeks later...