Carcraft and extended warranty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

A while ago I had a little rant about Carcraft. But I have now found my origional credit agreement with them.

Total Cash Price for car (£11,000)

However it doesn't state the breakdown of this.

The car I brough was for £8500 and a settlement figure of £1500 from my previous car. So there is a £1000 difference. I phoned Carcraft tonight only to find out that the £1000 is for, their extended warranty.

I certainly remember that when I was at Carcraft they just gave me a figure of what I would be paying a month "which includes the extended warranty" I was never told how much the warranty was. They kind of force this upon you without giving you the option nor actually informing you how much you will actually pay for this.

Is this classed as mis-selling (like PPI insurance)??

Any thoughts??

Regards

Danler

Hi Danler, my initial thoughts on this one are that this could go either way. Did you agree to pay for an extended warranty verbally? Were you informed that there was a charge for the warranty? Did you have a witness with you when you signed the agreement? From what you have said you realised there was a charge for the extended warranty and if this is the case then it would be up to you to accept the price but most importantly to have asked what the charge for this warranty was.

Hi Calvi

The sales man came to me with a figure of what I would have to pay each month (eg- £250) which he said "includes the extended warranty". I was certainly never told that the extended warranty cost £1000. I've only found this out after ringing Carcraft and asking why there is a difference in the sale price, outstanding finance on my old car and my credit agreementment which only shows the total cash price of £11000.

Yes I did have a witness (my husband), if we had heard that the warranty was £1000 he would have told them where to stick it!!

There are so many complaints about their warranty on the internet and the way it is sold to you. If you've ever been to carcraft you'll know!!

Has anyone on CAG challenged Carcraft on the warranty???

Danler

Sorry danler but it's simple arithmetic car £8500+outstanding finance on previous vehicle £1500= £10,000 leaving warranty at £1000 giving you the total amount to finance of £11,000. I don't think you would be able to prove mis-selling or mis-representation on this one I'm afraid. There might be a get out though, if there is not a full breakdown on the finance doc of:

Price for the metal.

Price for additional loan to cover previous hp agreement.

Warranty.

Then you could argue that the finance company have funded a vehicle that was not worth £11k but only £8,500. reputable dealers would never do this kind of deal showing the actual value of the car as £11k on finance docs. This directly affects the lenders risk on the loan as if they have to reposess the car then they will already be £2500 down on it's actual market value. It might be worthwhile pointing out to the finance company that this is what carcraft have done, i don't think you will get your grand back, but you might just cause some grief for carcraft. I wish i could be of more help.

let me know how you get on as we were also mis sold the ex warranty we were told that we would be paying a total of £185 per month with it or without the ex warranty we would be paying £160 per month we have since found out the ex warranty is £56 on top of that we are not very happy with carcraft will not be going back there to get another car !!!!!!!!!1