1fatbadger vs HSBC

1fatbadger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

This my first post so I'm feeling a bit shy, but here goes. First I should say that I have just recieved a refund for the full amount of £465 from HSBC.They made me an offer after I started my claim through MOL. This is nice. However I am simultaneously claiming for another account with them for £3000 ish. I had heard nothing from them apart from an acknowledgment with court and this morning they put in a defence.

I feel like i'm getting mixed messages! Have they decided not to make me an offer on this one because it's a large amount? I'm just asking for some moral support I suppose as I intend to take it as far as is necessary. Does anyone have any similar experience with HSBC?

Thanks a lot

:) Welcome 1fat.

There are loads and loads of similar stories on this forum! Your story is exactly the same as mine and lots of others at this stage.

Read as many of the threads as you can and its a must to read the FAQ's.

Just shout if you need help and the wonderful people on here will jump in and point you in the right direction. Keep all your questions to this thred as its easier to follow your progress!

Good luck:)

I think HSBC makes offers on the first claim - them push your claim to the court stages if you dare to place a second claim with them!!!

I guess they hope you will just go away - however if like you your second claim is higher than the first - thats is hardley likely is it!!!

Good luck.......and dont worry if you got any query's just post em up here and Im sure you will get an answer.

My beef with them was they allowed my Debit Card to still make transactions when the account wasnt in credit (because its hard to keep track when they sometimes take 14 days to allow a debit card transaction to go through!!), whilst my claim was going through with them I clocked up another £500 - and now that wasnt through me being frivulous (if Im honest to this day I dont even know how it happened as there are no DD on the account) anyway my first claim for £2K was settled no probs however they are pushing me to the MCOL for the £500 crazy isnt it!!

:-x Kennsignton Mortage Company

:-x GE Captial

:-x Welcome Car Finance

Hi , have posted another thread somewhere else on the site about my claim but I'm new to this chat forum malarkey and I can't find it. However now that I've found lots of other HSBC types I'm feeling less nervous.

Have read a couple of threads of people in a similar situation to me - I've starteda aclaim through Moneyclaim, which has been acknowledged and this morning a defence was put in. However other people are talking about already having been asked to send a schedule of charges to the solicitors. I have had no direct contact from the solicitors nor Colin Langdale et al regarding this case. Is this something they ask everyone to do?

I have simultaneously claimed and been refunded the full amount on another HSBC account so I'm very nervous about the radio silence regarding this one. The amount is substantially more, £3000 ish as opposed to £465.

Can someone put my mind at ease about this schedule of charges as I don't want to do things wrong and damage my case!:confused:

Thank you guys, it's nice to know you're out there. I've spent some more time familiarising myself with the site and am feeling less shaky now that I've found other folk in the same situation. You've given me some confidence! Will let you know what hapeens next.

:)

im in the same siruation as you too. i have a claim with HSBC for £2000. it has now gone out of money claim and into my local small claims court for a date but as far i have had no offer from HSBC or any contact whatsoever, im hoping it will come soon as im dreading actually having to go to court on this.

HSBC seem to be one of the most obstuctive banks around when dealing with bank charges. Goldfish paid up to me before i even calculated how much i was entitled to.

Good question!

I found that, if left to it's own devices, HSBC will make an offer about 8 weeks after receiving your first letter.

On one of my HSBC accounts I wrote off, threatened to issue in the second letter, then I got lazy and did nothing for a while. Received an offer, without me having bothered HMCS!

So, if you've got the time, it may well be worth just leaving it 8 weeks...save yourself the issue fee....

Last week I claimed on another of my HSBC accounts (claiming around £1000), kinda expecting HSBC to act in exactly the same way. We'll see!

Thanks for the advice Milly. I have already had a settlement from HSBC for another account, unfortunately I had already paid MCOL £80, but they offered me the full amount so I had to accept. So this is my second claim with them and I've been told they often get tough on the second claim. The court's already involved so I'm sticking with it!

there's absolutely no logic to how or when hsbc pay out on the claims. my first one (large 6k) was paid on the day i filed my aq, the second (not so large £300) was paid after annoying a lady called heidi daniels in leeds quality services.. via email... and my 3rd - i'm still waiting to hear about, following mainly screaming matches with an indian at a call centre in banglahore lol..... i will win that one too, however long it takes (kinda playing with them now cos i'm not so concerned now i've got my 6k back lol)!!

what i would say is.... stick with your claims, timescales - when they don't contact you - ask why and whatever you do - don't give up because they'll pay - by whatever means - in the end.. and you WON'T go to court!:D

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

yes, if any of you are still reading this - milly - i've just answered a post from a guy who has been waiting since feb for hsbc to look into it - they don't always offer anything - netty is right - there is no rhyme or reason to it - i think they put their hand in the hat and draw one lucky person out every few days.

best bet - stick to the schedule

and next best bet - when they have filed a defence - don't just sit there waiting for court action - nudge dg into an offer. use the ideas in post 1 of this thread:New---after 28 Days - Maybe No Aq!!!!!!!