help for my son **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

got my sons statements this morning, what can he claim back.

late payment charge £20

exceeded limit £20

interest on cash bal £2 73

interest on standard bal £4 97

Could anyone help as I dont know what I can claim and what I can`t :???:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can claim for many things.

LATE PAYMENT CHARGE

OVERCREDIT LIMIT CHARGE

EXCEEDED LIMIT

RETURNED DIRECT DEBIT

RETURNED PAYMENT FEE

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

thanks sea-sidelady for your help, the charges I put in post 26 are the only ones on his statements and I was just making sure before I start calculating.

Thanks again rae may

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

My son received an offer from Tim Young from barclaycard on 22nd june, he accepted this offer from them on the 2nd july, there has been no reply since.

My son phoned barclaycard today and was passed from pillar to post

First. no one could put him through to Tim Young

Second. He was to get in touch with Roxburgh as they were the ones who hold the account.

The last person my son spoke to told him to phone Roxburgh, when I asked whose the number was and my son says a debt collectiion agency I said he would not be phoning any debt company. The person on the phone asked to speak to the person in the back ground, he told me my son would have to get in touch with this company I replied by telling him the charges were being claimed back from barclaycard, that I had sent HFO a CCA and the time limit of 12+2 +30 days were up, he answered by telling me he did not know what I was talking about then told me he was ending the conversation as he had nothing else to say, then he hung up.

Could someone advise me on this, I intend to send all correspondence to the FOS, is there anything else I can do.

rae may

You need to send the LBA. Complaints about not receiving statements are dealt with by the ICO, complaints about charges not being refunded are dealt with by the FOS.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Since I sent a CCA to HFO the 12+2 days and the 30 days are now well and truly up, not heard a thing, till this morning, I heard my son on the phone, when I asked who he was speaking to he said HFO, I told him to ask them to write to him and hang up the phone.

HFO told my son he was to pay £115, when this first started it was £207,

to refresh this the actual debt was £575.

Barclaycard credit limit £400 spent £425 missed payments, passed to scotcall, set up D/D paid back £575. scotcall then stopped taken money. 2 years down the line HFO ask for £207, this is when I applied to BC for the charges back.

Been offered and accepted £112, they are now refusing to give my son anything telling him to get in touch with Roxburgh. ( whoever they are )

Have sent all correspondence to the FOS this morning.

Could someone please advise mr what to do now with HFO sevices.

Thanks for any help.

rae

HFO told my son he was to pay £115

Err no. Until they produce a copy of the agreement he doesn't have to pay them anything if he doesn't want to. Currently they can not enforce the agreement.

You do not need to get in touch with anyone, the matter is now with the FOS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi all,

My computers down at the moment, just to tell you HFO have been on the phone, tried to tell them not to phone, to put everything in writing, replied by telling me they would phone as much as they wanted.

I tried to tell the about not replying my CCA, said they did not need to and they would take my son in court. Told them it was in the hands of the FOS, reply not interested.

Could some one please advise me what to do.

Thanks rae may

First thing to do I think is ask for a copy of their complaints procedure. If they don't resolve your complaint you can then move it forward to the FOS who will charge them £400 for just looking at it.

Have you sent them the harassment by telephone letter?

You ask HFO for a copy of their complaints procedure, if they refuse to supply it report them to the FOS. They are legally required to supply you with a copy of their complaints procedure on request.

Hi All,

Rory have asked HFO for their complaints procedure, they said they dont have one, still phoning me about my sons so called debt, any advice or any letters I can write to them. I will inform the FOS.

Thanks rae

I would perhaps initially just give the FOS a ring (HFO do have a complaints procedure and are legal obliged to provide you with it) and inform them of your experience.

Perhaps play the slight thicky in that you thought they had to have a complaints procedure and are really not what sure to do now.

• Haha 1

Thanks Rory,

Sorry my PC is still down, HFO are still phoning, nothing I say is going to stop them, asked again about complaints procedure, answer dont have one, even told them I was recording the conversation, asked again for them to write to my son, said they will cintinue to call.

Will just have to continue being harrassed by them, until I hear from the FOS.

Thanks again Rory for your help. Sorry I did not click your scales before, my heads all over the place.

Will just have to continue being harrassed by them, until I hear from the FOS.

You have a few options:

1. Continue to be harassed by them, but keep a log of all calls and make an official complaint to TS/FOS.

2. Get call barring on your phone.

3. Change your phone number.

Already keeping a log, dont see why I should change a number I have had for years because of (FAH) would get barred if I said what I really think.

They would probably just call my son on his mobile, and he cant change his number as he needs it for work.

When they phone again I will hang up, or give it to one of the grandkids to babble to them. I have said all I want to say to them.

Have HFO bought this "debt" or are they just administering it for Barclaycard?

I think they have bought it,

My son accepted an offer from Barclaycard and when he hadn`t heard anything he phoned Barclaycard, they said to get in touch with Roxburgh, again I assume this is HFO.

HFO are asking for £115 now at the start thet were asking for £207, the offer of £112 from £207. in anybodys reckoning is not £115.

My son paid Scotcall £572 54 by D/D and the said that was it clear, until a year down the road HFO got in touch and said he owed £207. this is when he reclaimed the charges.

That is why I have advised my son to dispute this.

Have I gave him the wrong advice.

rae

No your advice is fine.

Time to report HFO to Trading Standards and the OFT I think.

It may be worth getting in touch with Barclaycard just to see if they have sold the account or not. I assume you have received no Notice of Assignment from HFO?

Sorry Rory

Notice of Assignment ? I take it that is that they have bought the debt, well no the only letters I have from HFO are for the money.

As far as phoning Barclaycard when my son phoned to speak to Tim Young the name on the offer letter. after speaking to several different people who did not know who Tim Young was, would not tell him anything apart from phoning Roxburgh.

How do I report HFO to the Trading Standards and the OFT.

Sorry for being so thick Rory but I have never done anything like this before, also getting a bit long in the tooth to learn.

rae

Since th