• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

ayrshirelass v RBS ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you nervous?

Is it because you are threatening to take a BANK to court?

It is only natural to be a tad nervous but remember you are not alone, the more you read the more confidence you will get and when you are finished with it all you will be so confident you will be advising others.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Well received letter through today requesting a further £5 to receive all my information through. I sent them a cheque for £10 in April when I requested my bank Statements, but this was never cashed. So I am a bit sumped on what to do? Anyone!!!!!!

They are telling you they dont have your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) then, not a problem as you have all your statements anyway was more to have the earlier statements and their response to the maual intervention, send another with a short note in regards to the previous SAR that was sent but the cheque has never been cashed and you expect this to be dealt with promptly now.

Just another update already had statements going back 6 years and sent Data Protection Act away anyway so i would get a reply into manual intervention. Very Surprised at the time this took as i received them within a week, but only goes back to march 2001.

My account history goes back to 97 and thought i would have received all of my statements back to this date as i did ask for all my banking history.

Sorry on reading this then they have received your DPA so you need not pay any more money.

Send them another reminder that under the DPA you must supply all the information you hold on me for the fixed fee of £10, failure to supply all this information under this act and indeed asking for more money will not be looked on very favourably by the Information Commisioner. As you have not been charged the £10 for the statements you got (cheque) they may say they arent asking for more money but your reply would be that they have the cheque as they had your DPA request and you expect this matter to be dealt with immediately or you will forward a complain to the Information Commisioner.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Well the 8 week deadline is fast approaching, and I have still not had any satisfactory response. Called the bank today to find out if they are any further forward with my claim, the told me it was still being looked into and that I should have an answer within the next 7 to 14 days I also followed the telephone conversation up with a letter stating the same thing and posted this. So heres hoping, fingers are major crossed this end. :)

Hi All

Well I received a letter through from bank today offering full settlement on bank charges :) I am so happy.

I gave the bank a call on Tuesday regarding the charges and stated that the 8 weeks were fast approaching and that I would be contacting the FOS if I had not heard back by the 20th of this month I also followed this up with a letter stating the same thing.

This was great advice BIGMAC many thanks and I am sure this is the main reason I got a speedier response, as the offer letter is dated for the same day as the phone call was made.

I would like to thank everyone for their help and advice over the past

6 1/2 weeks, and if it hadn't been for you all I would have never stuck at it.

Please can someone change my thread to won :D