Sgt B Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

This is my first posting, so here goes

I have just started pursuing the Halifax for the charges made against my account. I started by calling the Halifax direct and requesting my statements for the last 6 years. I was promised details of charges made against my account but not the actual statements. Should I have sent the SAR? and would this have detailed all transactions? Just one more thing I have held my account for 12 years how do I claim for charges if they do not have the records to produce?

Any advice would be greafully received.

Anyhow, just for once it feels pretty good to be chasing a bank for money... others will follow.

I will keep everyone posted.

Onwards:) :) :)

Dont worry they have the statements, least for 6 years they have to, by law, but send the SAR in the template section, cos it means you want all the statements since the begining :) & they are legally bound to send them.

Dont worry they have the statements, least for 6 years they have to, by law, but send the SAR in the template section, cos it means you want all the statements since the begining :) & they are legally bound to send them.

Brit,

Many thanks will post SAR in today and then await with anticipation.

Once again thanks for te advice.

• 4 months later...