HSBC closed account and put to debt collectors, can he clame huge charges

terry1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my friend had his bank account closed, due to loosing his job and not being able to pay back the overdraft, very quickly they closed his account and went through dept collectors.

is he able to request 6 years of statments and clame back charges, even if they go to pay off some of the ballance this would be a great weight off his sholders

Terry he can request the statement even if the account is closed. Use the full SAR request in the letter template section.

Good Luck

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

BOS Credit Card...........................Hearing Date 07/02/07

Full Settlement..............................13/02/07

BOS Bank Account .........................total charges £8,655.92

1st offer..............................................£1620.00 01/12/06 Rejected

2nd offer.............................................£3255.00 03/01/07 Rejected

Summary Action victory.................£1499.02 22/03/07

Full and Final offer............................£7,200 19/04/07

Pict...............

he recons he paid 3000 in charges, which would clear the dept, because of this he cant get a basic account

could this ammount be used to pay off the account,

how can he get a basic account

he recons he paid 3000 in charges, which would clear the dept, because of this he cant get a basic account

could this ammount be used to pay off the account,

how can he get a basic account

Yes he could use the money to pay off the debt but he would have to follow the normal route to get the charges back first.

As for getting another account I'm sure that other people may be able to give you better advice as I have no experience of this part.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

BOS Credit Card...........................Hearing Date 07/02/07

Full Settlement..............................13/02/07

BOS Bank Account .........................total charges £8,655.92

1st offer..............................................£1620.00 01/12/06 Rejected

2nd offer.............................................£3255.00 03/01/07 Rejected

Summary Action victory.................£1499.02 22/03/07

Full and Final offer............................£7,200 19/04/07

Pict...............

The Citizens advice bereau do a leaflet about about basic accounts, Try the co-op i have a default { thanks to good old Abbey }and still managed to open an account, another one to try is the post office, they have a basic account that allows you to pay by direct debit etc and get your wages paid into.

pmahonc

Are the debt collectors still chasing him?

If so, he should write to both HSBC and the debt collector informing them that he disagrees with the debt because the bank charges that have been made on the account are unfair and unlawful and that he intends to reclaim the bank charges, through the courts if necessary. He should say that the account is therefore in dispute and request the bank and the debt collector to suspend recovery action of any so-called debt pending resolution of the bank charges reclaim.

He should not be put under presssure by the debt collector. If the debt collector tried to take him to court, it would be looked on badly by the judge because of the pending bank charges reclaim.

The sooner your friend gives written notice to the bank and debt collector of his intention to reclaim bank charges the better.

we sent off letter requesting all the charges with a check for ten pounds

so we will wait to see what happends

its cause he couldnt pay the charges due to unemployment that they closed the account, and obvesiouly blacklisted him ,

but im hoping this will really help him

thanks to all who have helped

• 1 month later...

ok i have recieved and calculated the amount of charges on his account 3200, the overdraft was 1800, is there a letter on here i can send to the dept collectors and hsbc, saying that the account is in disspute ect.