Chip and Spin

katesage
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Chip and SPIN

Chip and Pin has been with us for over a year now, but, has it reduced fraud?

Apparently not, if anything the risks are greater AND more importantly with the loss of the signature as 'proof' of a forged transaction, there is a higher likelyhood of the banks dumping the losses on the cardholders.

This website gives fascinating and intelligent insight into the risks and is a must read for all.

Did you know that you can request that your Credit/Debit card be signature/pin enabled? So in situations of risk, you can opt to sign instead of entering your pin.

Remote pin terminals in restaurants are not encrypted back to the base receiver, so anyone sitting nearby with a wireless laptop can pick up the card details.:o

The Chip and Spin website has not been updated since March 06, anyone with recent updates and help, please feel free to post here.

Kate, Do you know which banks allow you to change to signatures as when I asked at the A&L they said it was not yet available.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

BOS Credit Card...........................Hearing Date 07/02/07

Full Settlement..............................13/02/07

BOS Bank Account .........................total charges £8,655.92

1st offer..............................................£1620.00 01/12/06 Rejected

2nd offer.............................................£3255.00 03/01/07 Rejected

Summary Action victory.................£1499.02 22/03/07

Full and Final offer............................£7,200 19/04/07

Pict...............

As far as I understood it all card providers should offer this facility.

Perhaps you kind people out there could do a bit of checking for me? Ring up your card provider and find out if you are permitted to switch to a signature/pin card.