Home seller packs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Haven`t seen much on this, so can I start the ball rolling.

With so much info now available on the net, there must be a way of reducing this "home seller pack" fiasco that is looming. Most searches can be done online for not much money. But there is a form that the local authority fills in and charges £150 - £280 to do so, just to get some data from their computer.

Could the freedom of information act come into play here as an alternative way of getting this info.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Won....:D:D:D...£3778.50

i think its a bit more complex than you say. for a start the local authority wont have info regarding the state of your boiler, double glazed windows, main walls made of granite, sandstone etc, calculate no of low energy light bulbs etc.

home seller packs are not compulsory now only the energy side of it will be on the june 1st.

been reading about it today as want to sell our house in august.

I know about the things like walls, boilers etc, that is for the inspector to do, but there is one particular form the local authority fill in, and charge for.

dont know about that one be interested to know.

thought the LA search was still going to be part of it? And something is happening today in parliament about it, as LA searches have a "shelf-life" of only 3 months. So if you haven't sold in that time, you'd have to apply for a new search.

thought the LA search was still going to be part of it? And something is happening today in parliament about it, as LA searches have a "shelf-life" of only 3 months. So if you haven't sold in that time, you'd have to apply for a new search.

better read up on this me thinks as we are selling our house in august.

I'm lost! Anything is available - for a fee! - energy efficiency test is avaiable for a fee

This is from the government's HIPS website

The Regulations set out provisions on the “required” and “authorised” content of the Pack. Required documents must be included in the pack where appropriate and authorised documents may be included at the seller’s discretion.

The required documents are:

An index (i.e. a list of the contents of the pack)
  • A sale statement (summarising terms of sale)
  • Evidence of title
  • Standard searches (i.e. local authority enquiries and a drainage and water search)
  • An Energy Performance Certificate
  • Where appropriate, commonhold information (including a copy of the commonhold community statement)
  • Where appropriate, leasehold information (including a copy of the lease, information on service charges and insurance)
  • Where appropriate, a New Homes Warranty
  • Where appropriate, a report on a home that is not physically complete

So the form in question I think is called CON29, and to access info that the local authority hold will cost you between £150 and £250. Info that the local authority has used your council tax to collect and hold. So they can then sell it back to you. Is there a con going on here....? ( just a note: Canada has just freed up all data so that anyone can access it fir free)

Won....:D:D:D...£3778.50

oh don't get me wrong - I absolutely agree!! Tax on tax already paid that's been paid out earnings that's already been taxed - if you get my drift!

No - I was just trying to clarify what the legal requirements of HIP's are.

• 9 months later...

I have just self compiled my own HIP (pack) saving myself between £150 - £200 it was fairly easy and just needed an hour's search on google and three phone calls. Then sending two letters and applicaion forms to Local Council and Local Water provider. Plus booking a Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA) appointment.

Do it yourself it is easy.

See

http://www.homeinformationpacks.gov.uk/consumer/65 _How_do_I_compile_my_own_Pack.html

for excellent advice.

Any questions happy to help.

John Mac