Hubby V Barclaycard (x2)

jaxads
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Well, having been successful against the Halifax (2281 full settlement) and having received a partial payment from Cap One (and going for the rest), I've now decided to take on Barclaycard for hubby!!

He has two accounts, both still being managed by Barclaycard, but he doesn't use them. He pays a set amount per month and has been doing so for some years now.

The question I have is, given that its probably over six years since they were last used, would it be worthwhile in sending a SAR, or given the time scales, would I be better off sending the CCA??

I know that there will have been loads of charges on the accounts - and thinking of claiming them back plus contractural interest would probably buy us a new car (a little one, not a porsche or anything like that :rolleyes:, or at very least a cracking holiday !!!!

Anyone had success at claiming back over the 6 year time limit from Barclays ----- any comments would be appreciated.

I cannot get any housework done as every few minutes a force keeps dragging me back to the computer to see whats happening here on CAG :D

Jaxads x

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Suggest you read Bong's thread. If you have th etime and the inclination it may be possible....... Good luck

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/33005-bong-hsbc-contractual-interest.html

Barclaycard

S.A.R sent 18/01/07 :o

7 Day reminder 02/03/07

Some statements rec'd 19/03/07

ICO Complaint 20/03/06

Alea iacta est

Thanks for that damien --- will read in parts as it's a long saga!!

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

Still haven't got through all of Bong's thread!!!!

But still reading away ........

jaxads

Makes for V interesting reading maybe you should send her a message and see what she says??!!

Barclaycard

S.A.R sent 18/01/07 :o

7 Day reminder 02/03/07

Some statements rec'd 19/03/07

ICO Complaint 20/03/06

Alea iacta est

Hi Jax,

Subscribed......;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

cheers sea-side lady and sallysass ---

I don't know what I let myself in for sometimes -- I'm just presently sending off a combined thanks but will press for remainder/LBA to Cap One for my account --- my head is buzzing!!!!

I don't know what to do first :D

jaxads

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update.

I did loads of reading of threads and decided to CCA Barclaycard. I believe the accounts were probably opened up sometime around 1995 and haven't been used for about 6-7 years.

All charges would therefore be over the 6 years and none would fall inside of that timescale.

I sent off the CCA letter on Friday, so will see what sort of a response I receive from that first and then may go on to send SAR.

jaxads

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update --- still not received anything:roll:.

Will allow to 1st of June for compliance -- giving them the benefit of 2 days postage and (being the generous person I am;)) give them an extra day for the bank holiday!!!!!! (If only they could have been so kind in the past :mad:)

jaxads

Still nothing --- the 12 + 2 + 1 are up on Friday!!!!!

No doubt I'll be bombarded with letters from Mercers soon!!!!!

jaxads

OK - nothing from Barclaycard in the 12+2 - so take it that I can now stop paying until / if / when I receive the agreement???

jaxads

• 2 weeks later...

Just received latest statement through in the post this morning - showing a £1 payment on 16 May (that was the CCA fee!!!) and the usual monthly payment on 23 May. I've now stopped payments. The 12+2 days were up on 1 June, so am now counting down the "grace" month!!! What are they like???

I think I may compose a letter re them using the £1 cca fee as payment on the account --- on the flip side, at least I know they received the CCA letters!!!

jaxads

• 2 weeks later...

Still nothing from barclaycard in response to the CCA request!!!

I've stopped payments and the 12 + 2 + 30 are up on 1 July.

jaxads

• 2 weeks later...

Woo hoo --- still nothing from Barclaycard --- naughty naughty they are now commiting a summary criminal offence :eek:

I've suspended payments, until they comply !!

Are Barclaycard any good at finding old CCA Agreements?? (I'm secretly hoping not ;) )

jaxads

Still nothing from Barclaycard :eek:

jaxads

• 3 weeks later...

Well, have just returned from hols to see that Barclaycard still haven't corresponded re the CCA agreement. They've been committing a summary criminal offence for almost a month now!!!

Any ideas how to take this forward?? Should I write stating that I'm still awaiting the CCA - or just leave it?? I've already stopped payments to them, and they've not responded at all -- no threatening letters or anything :eek:

jaxads

Shameless "bump"

jaxads

Hi Moneyhelp,

Possibly, but the accounts are still held with Barclaycard, they've not been passed to a DCA, that's why I've left it in the Barclaycard forum for now.

Best wishes.

jaxads

Still nothing ................

jaxads