Dusary v Bank of Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Dusary

Yes I have phoned both customer service team handling claims and call centre.

I now have the letters of 100% (according to them) on each of 3 accounts.

Told customer service team I would accept the 3 offers as an interim/ partial offer (they call it goodwill) and not as a final settlement. Told them I could not accept until I received statements and that I wanted 8%. I said that I had no way of knowing that their 100% payback was indeed that, despite the list of charges (only) supplied by them.

Now need to write on that basis. They turned it around and said my offer had been increased to 100% due to the delay with the statements and non compliance. Wondering how to use that to my advantage.

Incidentally, their offer letters say

"Following our conversation, I would like to confirm that on this occassion we are prepared to increase our goodwill gesture to £x, in recognition of your dissatisfaction. Please note that this does not mean that we believe we are under any legal obligation to do so...............This offer is a goodwill gesture and is in full and final settlement of your complaint against BoS.....

Payment within 14 days, etc."

There is no satisfaction however, just frustration, bewilderment and determination.

Will post on my own thread later as I don't want to hog yours. Cheers for now all!!

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no satisfaction however, just frustration, bewilderment and determination.

they'll never let you feel satisfied Kenny. But you can have congratulations from us anyway, pal. Very well done so far - at least you can smell the money! ;):D

• Haha 1
  • 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Awww!

Ta!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Crikey!

I'm now PLATINUM!

Maybe THAT'S my badge! sign0061.gif

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Been seeing quite a lot of that today, here!

Will post on my own thread later as I don't want to hog yours. Cheers for now all!!

Hey! sign0101.gif

I DON'T THINK SO!

We're all in this together!

"we're all in this together". You are right there!!!!!!!!!!!

Every single one of us is in this together. This forum has been and is brilliant!!

I for one used to sit back and take it from the banks and financial institutions. Never thought to question them. Hid from the letters dropping through the door. And yes, lots of them I never opened because thats how they made me feel.

How the tide is turning.

Oh! Yes!

The tide is turning!

How many of the rest of us just lay down and accepted the relentless thud of bank letters through our letter boxes - and filed them away unopened?

Now I relish the arrival of the postie - and the FIRST ones I open are from the Bank! Old Friend, indeed!

UPDATE:

Spoke to Information Commissioners Office just now - outlining the conversation I had with HBOS this morning.

They have accepted my case and one of their case officers (I've already forgotten her name) wrote to me on June 22nd.

I told the very helpful guy that I now had reference numbers for 5 (FIVE) other accounts.

He said that they would be added to my original complaint form, if I cared to e-mail them to mail@ico.gsi.gov.uk

That address should actually read mail@EYE SEE Oh.gsi.gov.uk - That's phonetic spelling!!!!! (The clever CAG Forum wizard automatically changes it!!)

"Cared to?" DONE! With immediate effect.

Of course, if I do receive statements for these - I'll have to check to see whether they include the two accounts I knew were missing.

Stick right in there, everybody!

OMG Dusary - me too!

I'm at work at the mo' so I'm hoping to find constructive letters from shAbbey, Crap One et al! What do you reckon my chances are? ;)

deedee

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

OMG Dusary - me too!

I'm at work at the mo' so I'm hoping to find constructive letters from shAbbey, Crap One et al! What do you reckon my chances are? ;)

deedee

They are good!

Thanks my friend the for e mail address.

I will be able to use that.

I thought we were OLD friends?

winking0004.gif

When are you changing your thread title to:

Kennythecelt 5 v HBOS 0 ?

A look through your thread as you suggested Dursary, has been helpful and shows me that I have not really had as much of a roundaround as I thought. But I still do think at the Halifax - the saying is definately true - the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. It seems that something you think would be so easy to get takes ages or they make it seem as if it was difficult and something that you might imagine would be difficult seems to happen quickly and easy. They keep going on about their procedure - does anyone know what this procedure really is? after all that I have not even got a full set of charges and/or staements ,only a partial list. I thought I might chance my luck and see if I was able to get charges back from when I had to take early retirement from work because of ill health (thats when the charges started) 31st January 1995.

I also had a look at a spreadsheet to calculate interest (although abviously not at that stage yet) just to be prepared, I wasn't very sure how to use it - could someone maybe explain and tell me how muuch interest I should be trying to claim

Well! At this stage it is only 4 and I only have partial settlements/ offers.

I am, as you would say, still on the case.

Anyway, my favourite number is 7!! Lets see what happens and see if I can get there.

Remember I have those other account numbers for scotloan, preference, homebuilder plus, etc, so ammo is no problem. The other thing that fires me up is the effect they had on my family, other CAG people, the bank advert re charges for shareholders party and that wee guy with the glasses who dances about for the Halifax.

There are other financial institutions on the hit list. However, I quite enjoying sparring with HBOS. The overall impact hbos has had on me and finances is quite scary. Offers of increased overdraft, wantaloan, heresacard, heretakeit, etc! You know what it was like!

I realise that there is a limit with Scottish courts, but when I am going to re-submitt the complaint to the FOS on the 12th July (presuming that the Halifax have not supplied the charges/staements and settled - unlikely), I also put in a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office because they never complied with the Data Protection Act but I think they would only deal with the non-compliance, I think the FOS can make the bank pay more the if you went to a court is Scotland, and from reading other threads, it looks that the banks may well ear the FOS more than the courts now anyway. Do you think this the case?

Could be possible! Could be possible!

Glad you informed the ICO. The more pressure WE put on the Basnks, the better for newbies starting out here!

As for the interest . . . well, as far as I understand it ...... you let it stand at the 8%. Judicial Interest is, I think, applied when the Court finds in your favour (as it 99 x out of a hundred always does).

I'll look for a helpful link for you.

Hang on!

Here it is:

If you still don't get a full refund then you must now issue a court claim.There are 2 options - firstly online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk - fill in the form. A rough pro forma text can be copied from the library section (also, part of the text you need is also on the moneyclaim website) - you will have to register there for free, but you will have to pay the fees associated with the case, with a credit or debit card. These are minimal and you will get them back from the bank when they refund your money should you win your case.

If you are in receipt of certain benefits, you may be exempt from the fees but will not be able to use the online version.

See here - DO YOU HAVE TO PAY?

If you don't have a credit or debit card, or would prefer not to use the online version, then you can complete an N1 Claim Form. These are available from your local court buildings, but we also have a PDF version in the Library - the Particulars of Claim text can be copy & pasted into this form and printed off. If you are starting your claim in this way, be sure to make 3 identical copies of the form - 1 for you and 2 for the court.

Attach a schedule of your claim with the form which will now include the 8% interest.

N.B. The court fees range from £30 - £120 depending upon the total value of the claim. You DO get this back as well if you win your case.

I tend to find LOTS of answers here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Is that OK?

Thanks for the info dursary, I am not at that stage yet and I am hoping that it will not go as far as that, but I will be prepared for it. It will maybe be sorted out by the FOS as the chance for the Halifax to put the claim right is up on the 12th July and there is still time for the Halifax to do it themselves.C:\Documents and settings\LIZMCCALL\My Documents\My Pictures\my icons

Crikey! I'm now PLATINUM

Hey how did ou get that? I'm still Basic - one level up from Provident Credit :D:D:D

:jealous:

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

I have spent most of the night trying to figure out how I use the spreadsheets to calculate the interest maybe I'm not just really up to speed with the new technology but is there two different interest rates - one for unpaid cheques and one for unpaid direct debits , then at the end is there another lot of interest that is added on.

Feeling silly

(probably my five year old would understand this more):idea:

I'm still Basic (like my current credit status). I'm trying to get to Classic level. Hmmm......if I get to 150 posts do I go up a level?

Anyone.... :p

deedee

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

I'm still Basic (like my current credit status). I'm trying to get to Classic level. Hmmm......if I get to 150 posts do I go up a level?

Anyone.... :p

deedee

I dunno - deedee. I did read an explanation of the prefectorial system somewhere - can only suggest that you look around some other threads at random - try starting with thread posters that have 3 (or more) pages!