Has anyone claimed past 6 years against Nat West

st24driver
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now spoken to the Data Protection department of NW - thanks to whoever posted the telephone number on another S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) non-compliance thread.

I am told that they have ordered the information I have requested back to 1997 (account opening) and I should get the info in the next week or so. Won't hold my breath, but most surprised that when speaking to them they confirm that they do hold the information (this time I was told going back a max of ten years) which is exactly the opposite of what they tell you in correspondence :confused:

well dont hold your breathe cos they said that to me 2 weeks ago ive reported them now for non compliance

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

Have now received all account information going back to the beginning of 1997.

Have also now written again to the Information Comissioner's office to complain about:

1. Their letter to me stating that an SAR is not required for claiming back charges - notwithstanding that the only other option appears to be to hoard all statements yourself for years or to pay up to £5 per statement as the banks so often say is their charge. IC gave no other infomation about how one might obtain banking transaction information going back many years - but they do say that an SAR is not necessary :confused:

2. Their apparent willingness to believe the letter from NW to me stating that information is not kept beyond 6 years (and this informing their decision to take no further action on my non-compliance complaint) despite evidence in my complaint that this was not the case and me having now received 10 years worth of account information.

3. Their comment that charges claims should be taken through the Financial Ombudsman and that they should not be bothered with SAR non-compliance complaints. Essentially they appear to have made a policy decision that they will fend off these complaints, probably because they have so many of them and can't keep up.

In short the ICs office is effectively stating that they wioll not be taking non-compliance complaints about banks failing to give customers account information seriously.

Anyway I have the info I wanted now - it only took 6 months :|

• 1 month later...

i totally agree i got my statements too took ages though ! keep at them

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!