Charges against me from Abbey

Appledore51
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am completely new to this site and came here from a link from Aol.

I have had many charges applied to me over the course of six months due to an error i made at christmas. The initial charges were applied for me being overdrawn and having three cheques bounce, causing me to be charged around 200 pounds in total. since then i have struggled to bring my account into line again. one month i was 81 pence overdrawn and they charged me nrly 50 pounds in charges, and again another month was 8p overdrawn and charged again. Another time i was charged for being overdrawn when i had put cash in the day before. As i have read about another user having the same thing happen. Abbey saying you must put cash in more than 24 hours before it will show up on their system, and that i should have requested for the cheques leaving my account to have been done manually. how could i have known this?

They have refunded me around 60 pounds of charges made against me, but the only other help they gave was to increases my overdraft from 300 to 500 pounds. i now refuse to use my cheque book or debit card for fear of more charges being applied.

Am i able to claim back this money? is it worth me pursuing?

I have three young children and cannot afford to lose all this money.

I even asked abbey if they would freeze my account and hold off on the charges until i could get my account back into credit, and they wont.

I have held my account for 24 years since i was 6, and yet i wish i could just get back into credit and close it.

How much in total is your overdraft? - if it is less than the amount they owe you in charges (over the past 6 years), then you have no worries at all. (not that you'd have that many if it were the other way around)

PS. Do you live in Appledore?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

my overdraft now is 500 pounds.

and i would think they have charged me around 500 pounds in charges now if not a little more kinda hard to work it out in my head right this minute.

but how does this help me?

the only way i can close my account is to pay off my overdraft.

im not earning. i was on benefits and the only thing going into my account was my child benefit.

my husband has just got a job, but we still cannot afford to pay 500 pounds to close it.

i just dont know if it is worth trying to claim my charges back from them or how i go about it?

Well if they owe you more than you owe them, the maths is simple.

Game over - OD closed - get a new account straight away with someone else.

(have a good read through the FAQ section - it might take a couple of days but it's worth it).

My overdraft with Abbey was 1400 - their charges just over 1400. I stopped paying money into the account and started to sue them.

They kicked and screamed like the childish bullies that they are, then gave in and wrote my OD off and sent me a cheque for my court costs.

I no longer have an overdraft with Abbey.

Get it? ;-)

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Not if you are not earning and are on benefits.

Even if you do, it's not a lot of money to start proceedings for 500 quid.

Have a read of the FAQs - honestly, most of the questions you have will be answered in there already - and some you didn't even know you wanted answers to.

------------

------------

hello appledore- do what the man says, check out the library, and follow the step-by-step instructions and go after the pirates. good luck-and welcome to the club!!

steter from dover, successfully reclaimed £2700 from Abbey thanks to THIS website

hi appledore, dont know if this will help at all but if you open a new bank account somewhere else then you can have your beneifts paid into that one.

you dont have to have a bank account you can still get giros sent out but personally think that they are unreliable.

good luck. give the beneifts agency a call or letter telling them that you are opening a new bank account and you will want them paid into this.

but definatly claim back your charges or else they will only try to rip you off some more. at least it will clear your overdraft and maybe have some spare change.

best of luck.

:)

if i have helped you at all click please the scales on top right!

ABBEY

11/4 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) SENT OFF

1/6 LBA SENT

22/7 LETTER SENT REQUESTING THEM TO REFUND CHARGES

15/7 STATEMENTS RECEIVED (ALL 6 YEARS WORTH)

20/7 CLAIM ISSUES IN OLDHAM COUNTY COURT.

8/8 CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGED GIVING THEM TILL 21/8.......

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

16/6 Data Protection Act SENT OFF

5/8 t mobile have failed to comply with the Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reques ....BRING IT ON BABY!!

7/8 LBE SENT GIVING THEM 7 DAYS TO COUGH UP MY CASH

7/9 FULL REFUND BEEN SENT!!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks