Skint single mum vs Abbey

Lana241
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Lana

Just to clarify the 'daily interest' thing -the spreadsheet calculates the 8% interest up to a given date. That total goes on your Court claim form. You then put a statement on your form that from that date (or date of issue of claim) you further claim interest at a daily rate of £(Total of charges claimed x .00022).

Hope that helps - Adam.

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to take on abbey via MCOL,this week so our claims might tie in, I think they owe me about 700 pounds, need to update the interest myself from my last spreadsheet, the charges go back 6 years so it might be more.

I've been putting it off a bit I must admit because I knew abbey were being a pain, but if we can get away without the allocation because of their abuse of process it will help.

I'm a mature student myself, nearly at the big 40 gulp:D:D

Sandy

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

Hi Sandy! I think we should start a mature club ere what you think? Afterall there is the "charleysAngels" so tell me what you think?

I am a mature student too currently in my 2nd year, heading into 3rd year soon (VERY TOUGH) Approaching 40 too, but definitely don not look at all like it, 25 I would say. I wish you all the luck with you MCOL and will follow up your thread. I have received all my statements and have just finished calculating (£2742) heading on to the next stage.

All the best.

Andrew

ANDY VS ABBEY

:)

ANDY VS ABBEY 23rd April 2007 -

'Don't get mad, get even'

'Patience is a virture'

Thanks again adam, am probably another month away from court claim, have done the letters ready, prelim and LBA, will give them the 7 days sheena small said for the other 6 months statements then i'm going in....guns blazing lol

I honestly didn't think i'd been charged that much but once you add the interest on it all mounts up :)

I've done a lot of reading on here, thought i was sorted but all the new stuff about the AQ has confused me so hope you don't mind if i give you a shout when the time comes, you're a star

I'll apologise now if i become a pain later.

Cheers adam

Take care

Scientia est Potentia :cool:

Story so far:

Halifax - called 02/04/07 refunded £230 07/04/07

Abbey - on hold :(

Cabot - they've given up! :roll:

Capital One - Won including CI :o

Hi Lana

Don't worry - you won't become a pain!!!!!! Look forward to helping as much as I can. Filed AQ for claim against Abbey few days ago, using newest version on here which includes the request for defence to be struck out etc, so I understand a bit about that.

All the best, Lana

Adam.

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

oooh, nice one, will keep my fingers crossed for you and wish you all the best. Keep us informed ;)

Story so far:

• 3 weeks later...

6 months statements still missing so have estimated charges for those 6 months and prelim letter sent recorded delivery 9th june, arrived home today to 2 letters, standard fob-off letters stating that a full investigation will be carried out and they'll write to me 'within 4 weeks'.

Don't think so, my timetable stands.

LBA will be sent 23rd June and then the fun starts ;)

Story so far:

Hi Lana

As you've already worked out, ignore their timescales & stick to your own!

My claim is now at the stage of Allocation hearing on 21st Sept - Judge wants to make test case out of it, but that's apparently standard procedure for Courts in our part of the world. If you're interested its all on 'Tish vs Abbey'.

Look forward to updates from you - keep us posted.

All the best - Adam.

Hi guys,

Have hit a snag, surprise surprise!!

I still haven't received those 6 months statements that were missing and its only 7 days before I submit my letter before action.

Abbey are well outside their 40 days now and have just been reading another thread that if it goes to court, I can't prove charges for those 6 months.

Is it worth ringing the bank again pushing for those statements or do i start court proceedings for the rest of my information?

Knew this wasn't going to be as smooth as i thought despite all the reading on here :(

Help anyone??

Thanks guys :-?

Story so far:

Hi Lana

As far as I know, from others experiences, your best bet is to ring / write (recorded delivery) and remind them their 40 days has expired to comply fully with your DPA request, and if you do not recieve the full info requested within 7 days you will immediately start a Court action for non-compliance. From reading other threads that normally does the trick!

All the best - Adam

Thanks for that Adam,

Will ring tomorrow and let you know the outcome.

Tell you what though, am starting to get sick of this, its 3 weeks since sheena small promised me those missing statements and she delivered all the other times, they're not daft at the shabbey are they ffs :(

Story so far:

You're very welcome Lana.

History seems to show that Abbey will stop at nothing to cause delays. I live in hopes that last weeks multiple hearing at the Mercantile in London, and the Judge's comments regarding the banks behaviour, will bring things to a head sooner rather than later! In the meantime seems like we just have to put up with it.

Don't give up though, Lana - stick with it and you will get your money.;)

All the very best - Adam

Sheena Small is a star, thanks to my phone call on monday the last of my missing statements arrived this morning, am pleased they did because first of all wouldn't have had the evidence for the court action and secondly as i'd under estimated the charges anyway......so they now owe me more money than i'd originally thought lol

LBA being issued on monday as its 14 days since the prelim, claim only for £1332 but with interest its just over £1800, am well chuffed lol

Would just like to say a big thanks to Adam for keeping me going as this time last week was seriously considering binning the whole thing.

So thanks again Adam for all your support and will keep you updated as to what happens next.

Speak to you all soon

Lana :p;)

Story so far:

Hi Lana

Very glad you're back with it, & even more so as they owe you another 500 quid!!!!!!!

By the way, I've just WON my Cap 1 claim (just over 2 grand - 'Tish vs Cap 1'), so feeling pretty good at the moment myself!

All the very best Lana - Adam ;)

Excellent, well done Adam, I bet you're well chuffed :D

I'm gonna start my capital one soon, probably next week, think am on a roll now, more positive this week than last so thanks again Adam.

Enjoy your celebrations.

Well done & all the best

Lana ;)

Story so far:

Just an update guys,

LBA delivered and signed for today....14 days and counting before court action. God, this is scary :(

Story so far:

Hi Lana - you've nothing to be scared about!!!. It's a very well trodden path and as long as you follow all the advice on CAG and make sure you get all the paperchase right, you're HIGHLY likely to WIN! Just ask for advice whenever you need to.

All the very best - Adam;)

Thanks Adam, you'll probably regret saying that now i'm approaching court stage lol

Here goes anyway.

I've been able to download the N1 from a link off here from Bankfodder to fill in and have been looking at the thread that tells you how to fill it in. Only problem I have is that i'm claiming for 2 accounts, one is still open and the other is closed.

Was just wondering on the correct wording to use and will the court accept a downloaded/printed N1 or does it have to be the original form collected from the court?

Filing day approaching and getting nervous lol :confused:

Story so far:

Was just wondering on the correct wording to use and will the court accept a downloaded/printed N1 or does it have to be the original form collected from the court?

I did the online form, printed it off and took it down to the court. They accepted it fine.

Good luck, you will win, its just a question of when :grin:

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Reka [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/93120-reka-abbey-court.html[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/101308-t-cs-nov-1998-a.html[/URL] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]Abbey *WON IN COURT* £2775[/SIZE][SIZE=1](awaiting payment) [/SIZE][/FONT] [B][FONT=Tahoma]Warrant of Execution filed 22/06/07[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma]***Warrant Issued 22nd June 2007***[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=red]PAID IN FULL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcAaoRr8H5c[/URL]

Hi Lana

As Reka says, downloaded N1 is fine - I did it that way with mine. My claim is EXACTLY as yours - 2 a/c's with Abbey on 1 claim, one of which is closed. I simply detailed each a/c seperately, both in the 'Value' section where I quoted 'charges' for each a/c seperately and likewise for Stat 8% interest, and in the 'Particulars of Claim' section where I put the dates each a/c was opened and the date that one of the a/c's was closed, and making sure I quoted the a/c number for each a/c accurately. Further down in the POC section I put 'Accordingly the Claimant claims . . . and then the total value of charges from both a/c's as one figure. Was acceptd without problem both by the Court and by Abbey.

Don't get nervous Lana - we'll help you all the way!

All the best - Adam;)

• Haha 1

Thanks to both of you for answering my questions, am quite looking forward to filling in the court form.....will do it at the weekend when the girls are away and its quiet as the 14 days isn't up until 9th July, given them 14 days from receipt of the LBA.

Will keep you all posted and hope I don't get stuck when filling in the N1.

Thanks again guys :-D

Story so far:

If you do get stuck, Lana, just ask for help - we'll do all we can!

Many thanks for the reputation as well.

All the best - Adam.

Another question, sorry :confused:

Have got the court forms downloaded ready, and was having a look on the court info website today, is it right that if you're on a low income, in receipt of tax credits you don't have to pay the court fees if you fill in the EX160?

Wasn't sure if I could send the EX160 together with the N1 and see what happens, I know they say the court will write if you have to pay after completing the EX160 but was hoping I didn't have to pay court fees.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks guys :D

Story so far:

Send the EX160 with the N1, there is a leaflet giving details of what qualifies for this. http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/HMCSCourtFinder/GetForm.do?court_forms_id=168

Hope that helps

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Reka [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/93120-reka-abbey-court.html[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/101308-t-cs-nov-1998-a.html[/URL] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]Abbey *WON IN COURT* £2775[/SIZE][SIZE=1](awaiting payment) [/SIZE][/FONT] [B][FONT=Tahoma]Warrant of Execution filed 22/06/07[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma]***Warrant Issued 22nd June 2007***[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=red]PAID IN FULL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcAaoRr8H5c[/URL]

Thanks for that Reka

Have just been reading your thread, all the press clippings etc, WOW, Well done

Congratulations

I know you haven't got your money yet cos have just read your latest post, but hey, you won so when your cheque arrives hopefully it will feel like you've won again, and again when it clears and you can get your son the bouncy castle as a surprise, hopefully the sun will shine too.

Am keeping my fingers crossed it arrives shortly or you'll be sending the heavies in again, would love to see them emptying the branch of computers and stuff, would be class.

Well done again, and thanks,

:D :D :D

Story so far: