Is the SAR in the Abbey queue?

wobbles1914
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

I sent a SAR for my wifes account on the 13th March recorded delivery.

Looking at the other threads I would have expected to have received a letter at least confirming that they have received it and that it is in their system. But we have received nothing in over two weeks.

Is there a number or office that I can call to verify it is "in their system / queue"?

Normal customer services won't discuss it when my wife calls. They just say that they are inundated and we just have to wait.

I am not an Abbey customer myself so am not sure how things work with Abbey.

Any ideas?

Also, how do I arrange for my wife to give me authority to discuss her account with them myself. She wants me to do all the work but only wants to spend the money if/when we win.

Cheers

Wobbles

I though I had a telephone number for the department you need to speak to but I cannot find it in last years diary, do a search for sheena small as it's her you need to be contacting

Thanks! Just done a search - the number is 01908 344061

Thanks! Just done a search - the number is 01908 344061

That was quick, when I spoke to her last year she was very nice but did try telling me that the letters we were sending from here were wrong, it's all detailed in my topic

Good luck with your claim

if you sent it recorded then you should be able to check whether it has been signed for or not, if it has, you can just drop them a line reminding them of their obligations and telling them how many days they have left

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I sent mine 1st class to Milton Keynes on the 14th March, have not heard anything either yet, nor has my cheque been cashed. Like you I am a little concerned so I sent another letter this weekend, recorded delivery to my local branch, just a reminder really, its frustrating isn't it. when you just want to get started..

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

PLease please please, send every piece of correspondence recorded delivery

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

that same here I sent mine on the 10th 1st class, did a follow up call last week & was told I would be reciving them in the next 5 day still nothing & the cheque has been cashed

I might go in to the branch & see if I can get them inbranch

PLease please please, send every piece of correspondence recorded delivery

That's no gurarntee either, I don't think the banks are signing for them now, my friend's family has sent three to Lloyds and none of them have been received (they have been sent from different parts of the UK so you can't blaim your local post office) if you look in the Lloyds section you will see it now becoming standard or so she tells me.

Think you should be sending it registered it cost's more but I think they have to sign for those

That's no guarantee either, I don't think the banks are signing for them now, my friend's family has sent three to Lloyd's and none of them have been received (they have been sent from different parts of the UK so you can't blame your local post office) if you look in the Lloyd's section you will see it now becoming standard or so she tells me.

Think you should be sending it registered it cost's more but I think they have to sign for those

If you send it recorded then royal mail will give proof of delivery via their website, you don't always get the copy signature but they do put up that stuff has been delivered.

The sensible postal alternative is to send letters 1st class with proof of postage and a return address on the back.

This is the method the courts use and after two days its deemed served. However, the drawback with this method is that if they don't cash your cheque, presuming you use one, then its easy for them to say they never got it.

The alternative is to take you're letters into the bank personally and hand deliver it, don't put it in the post box, go in a give it to a employee, take their details, date time etc and make a record of it.

Edit forgot to say, banks don't and haven't as far as I'm aware generally acknowledged SARs within any particular timeframe. they have 40 days by law if they fail to comply then assuming you can prove you sent them a valid SAR and the fee then you can complain to the ICO or take them to court.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Just been speaking to the very helpful Sheena. She was able to tell me that all such requests are now being forwarded to Bradford for processing (mine was sent to Milton Keynes); and that in my case, the letter was received on 13th March, and a reply has been sent out today. She also explained the process - approx 14 months of data will be sent out from the "live" system; the rest will be pulled from the microfiche archive and sent seperately.

So assuming that requests are being handled in order of receipt, it is currently taking them 20 days to send an acknowledgment out.

just for clarification, how the bank decides to deal with enquiries internally is irrelevant to the subject when making their request under the DPA.

So they have 40 days form when the organisation receives it, so if you hand it in at the branch or its delivered registered/recorded thats when the 40 days begins running.

If they fail to send all of the requested data within this timeframe then you have the right to complain to the ICO or file for non-compliance at court.

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA