Insurance taking more money

GlenDB7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I receintly renewed my car insurance with the Post Office online and it came to a nice amount of £149.61 so I used my debit card on the 3rd Feb. Near a month later I looked on my bank statement and found out that they had then taken out a further £331.04 on the 6th March.

I rang them up and they told me that I was because I had not sent then a copy of my renewal quote with my no claims bonus on it. I looked in my letters and had over looked a letter asking for this.

So I wrote to Norwich Union and asked for proof of no claims bonus and they duely did send it to me. I then rang up the Post Office insurance again the clarify what was the fax number and what was the proceedure for getting my refund. I also protested that I had not given them permission to take a further amount of money of my debit card and that it was illeagal and now because of this I have gone over drawn and have now incurred a £30 charge.

Now the young man who's name I wrote down promised me that I would get a refund of £331.04 + the £30 charge I had incurred as long as I faxed through the NCB's and the bank letter. Which I did when I got to work the following day. I even read out to him what the letter with the proofs of NCB said from Norwich Union. I also got proof of faxing.

A couple of days later I rang to check and they said I would only get a refund of £290 ish (I don't know the exact because I hit the roof). They said that I was getting some sort of charge from them of 20% because of the over lap and that I would not get my bank charge refunded.

I would like peoples opinions if I may on:-

A) Can they take money out of my account with out my consent.

B) If a member of there staff promise me something can they retract a promise for the full payment + charge.

Help from from fellow CAG members would be much needed please and if they are leagal quotes even better.

Cheers Glen

(I'm still really inciced about it even while typing. I'm normally quite mellow)

Ask them for written confirmation as to when you authorised them to take the extra premium from your card.

Can you clarify the reason for overlap on the NCD, how did it occur?

Cahoot - Rejection of offer sent 14/06/07

Barclaycard - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22/03/07

They wrote a letter asking for the proof of NCD and I missed it so because I had failed to give them proof and I would be charged full price so they will take the rest of the money of my card.

Guest TractorGirl

HI

I am insured with the post office for everything and touchwood have suffered no major hiccups. It does state on your docs (back of main invoice i.e the schedule of charges) that any additional premiums due will be taken from the payment method given UNLESS told otherwise ......DID you do this ?

2.) You should get the full AP back as an RP end of

3.) Bank charge, difficult one as you have stated you overlooked this letter requesting the NCB and so you were partially at fault, however if the customer asst at the PO insurance prmised the refund of £30.00 they should honour this. Did you get their name or remember the date and time of call....Get a manager to listen to it as evidence (if they recorded it)

4.) What is this 20% for ? No additional documents were issued were they ? What is the exact reason for this

Keep a cool head and remain in control and it will work out

TG