Models Direct-Scammers?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As previously stated, real modelling agencies do not charge for putting you on their books, so the answer to your question is yes, all genuine modelling agencies: Storm, Elite, etc... Whether they would take you on, though... well, that's another story.

The best thing to do is get a list of the model agencies, take a day to do the rounds in London with a couple of good pictures, 1 head shot, 1 full body with your details and vital statistics written at the back. They don't have to be professional shots, but it is important they should be clear.

If you do a Google search on "modelling agencies London", it will give you names and locations, check their sites, if it mentions a fee, ignore it, then compile your list and off you go. If you're not prepared to do this amount of preparation and legwork, then you're probably not prepared to be a model anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

hi to every one iam new to all this i have been reading about model direct as my little girl has just been accepted on there books lucky for me i havent paid any thing yet till friday there want a fee £128 i dont know what to do as ive been reading how they have treated other people i have tried so many agencys but the ones i have contacted wants fee s upfront i live in nr wales and hoping there is some one out there who can help if that you please get intouch thank you

My twins are both child models, but we were approached by the agency while walking through town. However, we checked them out thoroughly first and they took no money from us at all. They take a commission from any work they do. No reputable agency would take this amount of money from you. If you are still intent in getting your son into modellig, pm me and I'll see what I can do to help.

Spot

hi there i dont know how to use this site so hope you can help me i just wanted to know if you could point me in the right direction to get my little girl into modelling people told me to try and get her in but everyone i have contacted wants money upfront hope you can help me thank you

hi there i dont know how to use this site so hope you can help me i just wanted to know if you could point me in the right direction to get my little girl into modelling people told me to try and get her in but everyone i have contacted wants money upfront hope you can help me thank you

Is this any help?

If you do a Google search on "modelling agencies London", it will give you names and locations, check their sites, if it mentions a fee, ignore it, then compile your list and off you go. If you're not prepared to do this amount of preparation and legwork, then you're probably not prepared to be a model anyway.

Obviously you would Google your area.

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

No, Bookworm knows what she's talking about. Google London. That's where the reputable modelling agencies are.

So any model agencies in any other part of the UK is disreputable are they?

Edited by jonni2bad

What garbage!! So any model agencies in any other part of the UK is disreputable are they?

I trust booky - I have known her several years. I know nothing about the modelling agency but booky clearly does and she said google London. Having read that from her, that is what I would do.

Edited by jonni2bad

No-one said that agencies outside London are disreputable. I'm sure there are plenty of good agencies all over the UK.

But if you want to join the top set, such as Elite, Storm to name but 2 of the most famous, then it's London. Or Paris, Milan, New-York etc... High fashion doesn't do provincial, sorry but there it is. The big agencies are based where the hub of fashion life and jetset are.

It just annoys me, because I used to have a list of about 20-30 top agencies, but DD moved on to something else a couple of years ago and I don't know what I have done with it now otherwise I would have happily posted it here (hence my advice about doing a search! ;-))

This damned thread!!!

Last night I had a dream......

......a friend that I have not seen in years wanted to have a 'girls night out', I got prepared for a night on the juice (plenty of food and milk to mop up) and off I went to meet her. Instead of a night downing the adult pop, she took us off to a modeling agency to have some photos done (it was a dream, don't ask). They took photos of us both seperately, then took me to one side and told me that I would need extra airbrushing as I hadn't shaved my legs lol!

I never did see the aibrushed leg stubble, but I guess that they would have had to stretch the stubby little blighters too. Also just to note, this reputable modeling agency that you can just wander into was not in London either, it was up north!

So there, if I venture there again, I will get you all a business card.

As a side note, I shaved my legs this morning.....

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Not in this instance, I feel. :rolleyes::razz::-D

Not even to remind you to shave your legs :eek:

George Bernard Shaw

So any model agencies in any other part of the UK is disreputable are they?

Probably not but it's a bit pointless to tell the OP to Google anywhere else....if they live in or around London.............init

• 2 weeks later...

im soooooo glad ive read this info on models direct.My daughter,8, was accepted onto their books and ive had her "offer" emailed and posted to me. I have had 3 missed calls today asking for me to call them back and pay £128. I think not! Im really grateful for the comments made.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, i no this site hasnt had a recent post on this matter. but iam new to all this and have just been approached by models direct for my daughter. we have never thought about modeling before being approached. sounded fab. then they said tey would need £128 for "administration costs" for a 3yr contract.. to me that didnt sound to bad, but like i said im new to all this model thingy so i wouldnt kno if thats normal or not..

iv just googled them and found this site that is rather alarming because of the reports iv been reading.. even a watchdog report.

is there anyone who has actually had work from this agency or recomend them??

thankfully i havent paid yet, me and my husband have said we want to discuss it first and they are due to ring back in a few days.

please help and give guidance.

thanks,

kelly

ive just had models direct call me....i advised that i had concerns regarding their "offer" and explained that i had looked into consumer sites and did not think it would be best to pay £128. i was advised that this is just sour grapes from parents who expect work ASAP and that photos arenot being updated regularly enough??????? I have declined their offer but am being bombarded with texts emails and calls from them.

There's a letter in the debt forum regarding harassment from the DCAs, you could always use that (tweaked) to tell them to remove your contact details from their database as is your right under the DPA.

Ask yourself this: If they were such a successful model agency, would they need to aggressively pursue you to join in and pay up? :rolleyes:

Hi all.

I have been reading this and felt that I had to join you all. My 17 year old son came home and said his friends had all posted pics to models.direct and what did i think. He has been approached previously by agencies and has never been interested, this time he said he would not mind giving it ago. After giving him the ok to contact them and after they contacted me I decided to look into them. There are sooooo many 'do not join this agency' blogs that i could not believe it. I even read the watchdog report and the reports from ELLE and The Guardian. Oh My God why are people still falling for these [problematic]...........

They won't be getting our £128.00. It is awful that so many people are being conned by these people.

Csalled them last week threatening action if they did not cease contacting myself and my son. So far so good no emails or texts!!!!

Hello everyone

I am very interested to read these threads.

I also registered my baby after a very persistant sales person called me constantly until I gave in and he has recieved no work in 4 months. I was a new Mum and a sucker for anyone saying my boy was gorgeous! My son is also registered with another agency in London and did 4 photo shoots in a month earning a considerable amount of money so I know he has 'the look'.

They have talked about not updating my photos regularly enough and have I thought of upgrading 'for free' to Super star status. I have just uploaded his latest pictures from a recent shoot so I wait with baited breath.

Don't go there It is a [problem]!